How do i set xnview to show sm picture of file when viewing folder content?

Frequently Asked Questions regarding XnView (including Answers)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

dstrege08

How do i set xnview to show sm picture of file when viewing folder content?

Post by dstrege08 »

Hi all, I'm new to xnview. Just installed and configured today. Where can i set viewer to show sample pic of file in place of icon? In a previous program i used to be able to open a folder and see sample of actual photo instead of program icon.
Please let me know 1) If this is possible with xnview, 2) How would I set it up?
Sorry for the extremely elementary questions. What I used to take for granted seems to need some help.
Thank you in advance. I'm quite anxious to learn and use more of the capabilities of Xnview soon.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: How do i set xnview to show sm picture of file when viewing folder content?

Post by cday »

dstrege08 wrote:Hi all, I'm new to xnview. Just installed and configured today. Where can i set viewer to show sample pic of file in place of icon? In a previous program i used to be able to open a folder and see sample of actual photo instead of program icon.
XnView Classic or XnView MP?

Both programs have a viewer and a separate file browser, in the file browser you can set how files are displayed using View > View as on the menu.

If you don't see that menu item you are in the viewer, and can change to the file browser using the icon at the extreme left of the toolbar.

If necessary could you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing.
dstrege08

Re: How do i set xnview to show sm picture of file when viewing folder content?

Post by dstrege08 »

Thank u so much, cday, for the quick reply. I will look at tonight after i get home from work.