What to do if you accidentally clicked "Don't show this message again"

Frequently Asked Questions regarding XnView (including Answers)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

PaulEberhardt

What to do if you accidentally clicked "Don't show this message again"

Post by PaulEberhardt »

I accidentally clicked "Don't show this message again." in that dialogue box asking whether I want to save an unsaved/changed file when I'm about to close it.

That annoyed me no end. I don't know about you, but I kept losing a lot of work just because I thoughtlessly moved on to the next file etc., and I couldn't find any clue about how to reactivate this message box in the help file or this here FAQ section. Perhaps I'm just too thick to search all this stuff properly, but to be honest I don't think so. However, I didn't want to reset the entire programme and so lose all my settings - I depend on XnView a lot.

Fortunately, by some lucky chance I found out how to solve this problem on my own, so here's the solution in seven simple steps:

1. Close XnView
2. Go to the programme's folder and open xnview.ini in Notepad.
3. Scroll down to [Start]
4. Scroll further down to "SelectedShow Again=0"
5. Change the 0 to 1
6. Save and close file
7. Start XnView again

If anyone knows a better method to do this, please do write a reply! I can imagine a lot of stupid users like myself will be most grateful. 8)
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: What to do if you accidentally clicked "Don't show this message again"

Post by XnTriq »

Thanks for sharing your solution, PaulEberhardt (-:

In XnViewMP, we can Reset all confirm prompts (ToolsSettings...GeneralGeneral). XnView Classic is missing this button, though.