Select mpeg-codec for MPG-Playback

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Tim

Select mpeg-codec for MPG-Playback

Post by Tim »

There are often severel MPEG-Codecs on a system, like Cyberlink, Intervideo. VLC etc. Some Codecs gives better Playback-Quality. The Cyberlink Codec can play HDTV-MPEG2 Video on a P4 2,8 GHz without lost frames. Is it possible to tell xnview, which codec it should use to play the clip ?

Xnview is my favorite program to view pictures and videoclips. Best wishes for the new year to the developers and the community.

In the beta6, there are no thumbnails for vidoeclips, xnview 1.82.4 works correct...
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Select mpeg-codec for MPG-Playback

Post by xnview »

Tim wrote:There are often severel MPEG-Codecs on a system, like Cyberlink, Intervideo. VLC etc. Some Codecs gives better Playback-Quality. The Cyberlink Codec can play HDTV-MPEG2 Video on a P4 2,8 GHz without lost frames. Is it possible to tell xnview, which codec it should use to play the clip ?
No sorry
Xnview is my favorite program to view pictures and videoclips. Best wishes for the new year to the developers and the community.

In the beta6, there are no thumbnails for vidoeclips, xnview 1.82.4 works correct...
No thumbs for movies files??? I have no problem, could you post in the good topic, please?
Pierre.
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

I think you can prioritize Codecs with GSpot so that other applications use the ones you want.
Olivier