Image > Rotate > De-Skew --> set background colour

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

x73

Image > Rotate > De-Skew --> set background colour

Post by x73 »

a) Suggestion:
The funktion "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." should obey the background colour information of the "Image > Rotate > Custom" funktion.

a) Present state:
The background colour for "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." is always black and there is no possibility to change it.

b) Suggestion:
The funktion "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." should leave binary (black/white) pictures as they are = in binary.

b) Present state:
The funktion "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." changes binary (black/white) pictures to 256 bit gray scale.

dirk
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Image > Rotate > De-Skew --> set background col

Post by xnview »

x73 wrote:a) Suggestion:
The funktion "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." should obey the background colour information of the "Image > Rotate > Custom" funktion.

a) Present state:
The background colour for "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." is always black and there is no possibility to change it.
Right
b) Suggestion:
The funktion "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." should leave binary (black/white) pictures as they are = in binary.

b) Present state:
The funktion "Image > Rotate > De-Skew..." changes binary (black/white) pictures to 256 bit gray scale.
Sometimes smoothing rotate make a better result...
Pierre.
x73

De-Skew (case b)

Post by x73 »

Concerning case b:
I think, those who want the better result should convert to grey scale themselves before using "De-Skew...".
(But of course this can be seen different - maybe they suggest me to convert to b/w myself after using "De-Skew"...).
Dirk