Browserview: information on the folder icon

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

herr_k.

Browserview: information on the folder icon

Post by herr_k. »

i quote myself, so that this maybe will appear on the suggestion list ;). thx
herr_k. wrote:great thanks.
through which criteria it is chosen which 4 thumbs are show on the folder?
i would like to see (in the context menu pressing right mouse over the foldertab) the choice also to rebuild the thumbs with the newest pictures in the folder (also automatic this would be a better solution for me).

alternativ it would be great if one could see the actual folder name over/inside the folder-icon, because i never use the labels like filename.. on the picturethumbs, but it is a little bit annoying, that automatically the foldernames are also not shown.
so either maybe an option to hide file- & foldernames seperately (with still remaining folderthumbs) or show the folder name instead of the folderthumbs, so no space is wasted.
or perfect would be like this with option to choose the font/size/nr of photos etc:

is this possible?
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

I really like this idea. A problem mentioned previously in the forum is the performance deficit this would cause.

If the processing thread that enumerated folder contents was given lower priority and initiated after all thumbs had been displayed, perhaps the performance deficit wouldn't slow the work-flow too much.

Another idea would be to indicate (somewhere in XnView) which (large) folders for which to skip enumeration...
John
herr_k.

Post by herr_k. »

JohnFredC wrote:I really like this idea. A problem mentioned previously in the forum is the performance deficit this would cause.

If the processing thread that enumerated folder contents was given lower priority and initiated after all thumbs had been displayed, perhaps the performance deficit wouldn't slow the work-flow too much.

Another idea would be to indicate (somewhere in XnView) which (large) folders for which to skip enumeration...
hm, why so complicated. the nr of files corresponds with the thumbnails created? so it should be not so complicated to also save the amount of thumbnails in the database along with the foldername..
and if you copy/delete something and you open the folder afterwards the count would become up to date with the new thumbnails created..

for new folders without thumbs there would always be the option to rightclick a folder and select "count pictures" (and save&show the info on the icon).
herr_k.

Post by herr_k. »

hi,
still would love to see this option, anyone else thinks this would be useful?

would save a lot of screenspace though...
herr_k.

Post by herr_k. »

bump
herr_k.

Post by herr_k. »

is there a chance to integrate this or not at all?
herr_k.

Post by herr_k. »

bumpalso.