Customizable small toolbar and columns in detailview

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

bugmenot

Customizable small toolbar and columns in detailview

Post by bugmenot »

Two things Id like to customize:

*The small toolbar
*The order of columns (detail view in browser)
Clo
XnThusiast

Partially---

Post by Clo »

:arrow: bugmenot

:) Hello !
…*The small toolbar
1. YOU CAN ALREADY, but the icon size is still limited to 16², despite several requests…
…*The order of columns (detail view in browser)
2. Interesting idea, I guess via Drag & Drop, maybe ?

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
helmut

Post by helmut »

I guess Mr. bugmenot means hiding/showing specific toolbar buttons.
For the normal/large toolbar this can be done in Tools > Options > Interface > Toolbar, but currently not for the small toolbar.
bugmenot wrote:*The order of columns (detail view in browser)
Yes, I support this, too. (Nowadays changing column order by dragging and dropping is common and almost expected).
Gingerbread Guy

Re: Customizable small toolbar and columns in detailview

Post by Gingerbread Guy »

bugmenot wrote:*The small toolbar
PLEASE add this feature!

I've got a vertical layout, with the thumbnails on the left side and the small toolbar on top. 'Sort by' is the item I use most often, but it's so far to the right that it's hidden. To show it, I have to resize the thumbnail column. In this case, it'll be too wide for my taste and it'll have an empty area on the right side, between the thumbnails and the scroll bar. Or I have to make the thumbnails larger too. In this case, I can only fit 3 thumbnails (or 2½ with the tree pane on top).
This problem would go away if it were possible to remove the items you don't use from the small toolbar. :(
Attachments
sort_by.png
sort_by.png (18.84 KiB) Viewed 976 times
PhiloVance

Another vote for Customizable small toolbar

Post by PhiloVance »

Would be great to be able to customize the "Small" toolbar in the Browser like you can with the toolbars - adding, deleting, reordering, etc.

OR, how about this: Currently, XnView lets me hide the Small toolbar. If you would make all the functions that I have in the Small toolbar available to me when I customize the main Browser toolbar, I think would be an even better solution. I have more than enough space for them in the Browser toolbar. Some of them like Delete, are available right now. But others, like "Up One Level" and the MRU Dropdown are not.