Paste grid onto image

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Paste grid onto image

Post by JohnFredC »

This week I had a need to embed or paste the grid onto an image.

At the time I was using XnView MP because of its much improved grid settings, but it occurred to me that the ability to make the grid part of the image would be a useful feature in XnView itself.
John
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Paste grid onto image

Post by oops66 »

JohnFredC wrote:This week I had a need to embed or paste the grid onto an image.
At the time I was using XnView MP because of its much improved grid settings, but it occurred to me that the ability to make the grid part of the image would be a useful feature in XnView itself.
+1 could be useful .
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Grid would be nice effect. But where? I suggested something similar in 'add text' dialog example.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

Why not in the grid settings dialog?

[x] Embed grid in image

or

[x] Paste grid onto image

The action should be placed in the undo stack, too.

EDIT

NO!

This is too dangerous an action to give to a check box on the dialog. A separate command "Paste grid" with a confirmation box would be much safer.

If displaying the grid pastes the grid... :(
John
marsh
XnThusiast

Re: Paste grid onto image

Post by marsh »

Another button in grid settings dialog would be familiar to me after having seen similar buttons added elsewhere over the years.
<apply> <embed> <close>

We already have Filter>Effects... dialog. A special section for presention besides the commonplace ones like distortion, noise, tiles, etc. might be a predictable place to look also. An item with setting ' [x]use grid settings dialog ' could switch between it and a default grid. Avoiding some duplication of the controls seen.