Useless items in the browser context menu?

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Useless items in the browser context menu?

Post by Dreamer »

I think there are many useless items in the browser context menu, since they are as toolbar buttons, shortcuts, or in the menu...

E.g.:

- open (it's the same as double click, maybe replace with "view in viewer")
- view in hex mode (more important than "view in viewer"?)
- new folder
- print
- generates files listing
- refresh
- stop

Maybe some others, any ideas?

BTW I still miss Exit XnView in the last row at least in the viewer and fullscreen, I can't exit xnview with a mouse now. With Close it works at xnview start only.
Last edited by Dreamer on Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
helmut

Re: RC1: Useless items in the browser context menu?

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:I think there are many useless items in the browser context menu, since they are as toolbar buttons, shortcuts, or in the menu...

E.g.:

- open (it's the same as double click, maybe replace with "view in viewer")
- new folder
- print
- generates files listing
- refresh
- stop

Maybe some others, any ideas?

BTW I still miss Exit XnView in the last row at least in the viewer and fullscreen, I can't exit xnview with a mouse now. With Close it works at xnview start only.
I do not agree. There's users that use the toolbar, users that use the context menu, and users that mainly use the keyboard. It's very important that important functions are available via all these means.

"View in viewer" (instead of "Open") would be intuitive, but actually it's not correct, since there is Audio files that can be opened, too.
Is this a rethoric question? Open is surely more important than "View in Hex mode".
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:
Is this a rethoric question? Open is surely more important than "View in Hex mode".
If "Dbl click or enter to view in fullscreen" option has been enabled, "Open in viewer" (Open) doesn't worked - image has been opened in fullscreen, so there was no way to open image in viewer through the context menu, therefore that question and also note next to "-open...". Now it works good in RC2.
helmut wrote:
Dreamer wrote:I think there are many useless items in the browser context menu, since they are as toolbar buttons, shortcuts, or in the menu...
I do not agree. There's users that use the toolbar, users that use the context menu, and users that mainly use the keyboard. It's very important that important functions are available via all these means.
OK, so maybe Custom items in the context menu could solve this "problem" and missing Exit in the context menu - this is very importat for me because there is no way to exit xnview with a mouse (just at 1st start).
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Exit has been implemented, thanks Pierre.

"Custom items in the context menu" still opened, in 1.81 maybe...