REQ: Moving favorites box could add more usable space.

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

Post by helmut »

Lesmo16 wrote:
ckit wrote:That would be good for Lesmo's layout but for my layout it would take away some space used by treelist and files area.
No, completely wrong!
The posted screenshot doesn't show my favourite layout. I use the filmstrip layout for 90%.

Perhaps I'm not as egoistic as you are? You argument in a way like "I like this" or "I don't like that".
What do you think would happen to xnView's progress, if Pierre acted like you?

I do care about other people's needs and preferences.
So I thought about a good solution for marsh's initial post.
Discussions and various ideas are the reason why we write here, if we all had excellent and mature ideas which fit for all people we could all write to Pierre per e-mail, only. In general, people should find out what they want, but also think about and be open to more general solutions.

No reason to get upset - we all strive for a better XnView...
Lesmo16

Post by Lesmo16 »

helmut wrote:
Lesmo16 wrote:
ckit wrote:That would be good for Lesmo's layout but for my layout it would take away some space used by treelist and files area.
No, completely wrong!
The posted screenshot doesn't show my favourite layout. I use the filmstrip layout for 90%.

Perhaps I'm not as egoistic as you are? You argument in a way like "I like this" or "I don't like that".
What do you think would happen to xnView's progress, if Pierre acted like you?

I do care about other people's needs and preferences.
So I thought about a good solution for marsh's initial post.
Discussions and various ideas are the reason why we write here, if we all had excellent and mature ideas which fit for all people we could all write to Pierre per e-mail, only. In general, people should find out what they want, but also think about and be open to more general solutions.

No reason to get upset - we all strive for a better XnView...
Helmut, I absolutely agree with your post, because it has the same intension as my quoted criticized posting.
And I hope you will agree, that arguments like "I like this" / "I don't like that" or "this is worse for mine" / "that is better for his" are not suitable for a serious discussion. So that was the motive for my post.

And beleive me, I wasn't upset writing the post - pulse 60 as usual. :wink:
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!
helmut

Post by helmut »

Lesmo16 wrote:Helmut, I absolutely agree with your post, because it has the same intension as my quoted criticized posting.
And I hope you will agree, that arguments like "I like this" / "I don't like that" or "this is worse for mine" / "that is better for his" are not suitable for a serious discussion. So that was the motive for my post.

And beleive me, I wasn't upset writing the post - pulse 60 as usual. :wink:
Pulse 60 and blood pressure 120/80 when writing and reading posts is good and what I recommend. ;-)
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

I can see people accidently hitting "up button" instead of the "refresh button" and getting annoyed with this. I'm sorry but the current arrangement is best.
Lesmo16

Post by Lesmo16 »

ckit wrote:I can see people accidently hitting "up button" instead of the "refresh button" and getting annoyed with this. I'm sorry but the current arrangement is best.
Or perhaps they accidently hit "Sort by" instead of "Refresh" and start crying about that. :mrgreen:

Hey ckit, everywhere are buttons near to others, and you wrote 'accidently', which describes the situation well. :wink:
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!