1.81? REQ: Autosize columns in Details view

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Hacker

1.81? REQ: Autosize columns in Details view

Post by Hacker »

Would it be possible to add an option to autosize columns in Details mode, please? Now I have to press Ctrl-Num+ in every dir I go to.

Roman
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: RC3: [REQ] Autosize columns

Post by xnview »

Hacker wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to autosize columns in Details mode, please? Now I have to press Ctrl-Num+ in every dir I go to.
You view files in which mode? Columns keeps size when you change current folder?
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Hacker wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to autosize columns in Details mode, please? Now I have to press Ctrl-Num+ in every dir I go to.
Until now I didn't know that there is such a thing as auto-sizing columns in Detail view. I guess that's a behaviour of the control which Pierre and many other people didn't know about.

Something worth while discussing, but not in 1.80, please (Postponed).
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

xnview,
You view files in which mode?
Details.
Columns keeps size when you change current folder?
Yes.

TIA
Roman
Icfu

Post by Icfu »

Until now I didn't know that there is such a thing as auto-sizing columns in Detail view.
This is standard Explorer column behaviour and as such available in all programs that use Explorer controls.

The feature Hacker has requested is available in file manager Directory Opus for example. Column sizing is done automatically there optionally and it's very great for keeping columns in good shape and keeping the needs for horizontal scrolling or adjusting column headers low.

Icfu
Lesmo16

Post by Lesmo16 »

Support!
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Yes it would be nice if there was an option to make the coloumns in the detail view automatically adjust their width.
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

helmut wrote:
Until now I didn't know that there is such a thing as auto-sizing columns in Detail view. I guess that's a behaviour of the control which Pierre and many other people didn't know about.
Everybody knows about it from ACDSee. :D ;)

Roman