Let "copy" copy the path+filename not only in browser mode

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

larsen

Let "copy" copy the path+filename not only in browser mode

Post by larsen »

It is already possible to copy path+filename of an image when the file is selected in browser mode, see. http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... 24#p114722
However, when an image is being shown in the view mode(?), there is a menu entry "Edit > Copy" just like in browser mode, but this doesn´t paste the path+filename in a text editor afterwards.

IMHO this should use the same copy function as in browser mode.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Let "copy" copy the path+filename not only in browser mo

Post by xnview »

Edit>Copy in view mode copy the image not filepath
Pierre.
larsen

Post by larsen »

Yes, but to keep it consistent it should work the same way as in browser mode: Copy filepath and image itself so the user can insert the filepath is a text editor and insert the image in a graphics program.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

larsen wrote:Yes, but to keep it consistent it should work the same way as in browser mode: Copy filepath and image itself so the user can insert the filepath is a text editor and insert the image in a graphics program.
Try by changing in xnview.ini

Code: Select all

CopyClipboard=2
Pierre.
larsen

Post by larsen »

I just noticed that the explanation from http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... 24#p114722 is not correct:
"When copying an image to the clipboard, XnView will copy the image in various formats to the clipboard: The image data will be copied as graphics and the pathname + filename with extension will be copied as text to the clipboard. When pasting to a text editor, the text format will be used for pasting."
In browser mode, "Edit > Copy" only copies the filename, not the image data. There is a menu entry "Copy image data" explicitly for that.

So, I don't understand why the menu works differently when in viewer mode. I haven' tried the ini setting as IMHO this should be the default behaviour. There is no sense in having a menu entry "copy" work differently
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

larsen wrote: So, I don't understand why the menu works differently when in viewer mode. I haven' tried the ini setting as IMHO this should be the default behaviour. There is no sense in having a menu entry "copy" work differently
right, but i don't remember why i've added a setting for view mode...
Pierre.