ColorDepth options from 8 (indexed) to 32 (True color, RGBA)

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

CalosVillas

ColorDepth options from 8 (indexed) to 32 (True color, RGBA)

Post by CalosVillas »

When I tried to convert a TGA image (color depth) from 24 bits Hi-Color to 15 bits Hi-Color (no alpha)I found myself without options to do so. :(

Despite, some people says that is impossible to set a TGA image color depth to 15 bits Hi-Color; but I've found these links... :arrow:

http://fileinfo.com/extension/tga
http://www.fileformat.info/format/tga/egff.htm

It would be nice to find such possibilities in a new version. :)

Thanks and Sorry by bad english.
Mixer
Banned

Re: ColorDepth options from 8 (indexed) to 32 (True color, R

Post by Mixer »

Does topic title mean you didn't find what you were looking for amongst all options?
If you need feature of conversion to 5:5:5 urgently, then Imagine by Chun Sejin can do that. But XnView Browser will report 256 colors for this tga file (in Properties column; status bar says it is 8bpp picture, but True Colors) , while XnView Viewer will report 24bpp.
Or you can sit and wait till this feature is added to XnView.
CalosVillas

Re: ColorDepth options from 8 (indexed) to 32 (True color, R

Post by CalosVillas »

Mixer wrote:Does topic title mean you didn't find what you were looking for amongst all options?
If you need feature of conversion to 5:5:5 urgently, then Imagine by Chun Sejin can do that. But XnView Browser will report 256 colors for this tga file (in Properties column; status bar says it is 8bpp picture, but True Colors) , while XnView Viewer will report 24bpp.
Or you can sit and wait till this feature is added to XnView.
That's right

I already have another program that can do this (PNG to TGA).

It's only a suggestion for a possible new version of XnView Software; since it can only convert to 256 (indexed) 8bpp :)

ThX! :D