Page 2 of 2

Re: Guetzli JPEG from Google

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:44 pm
by bg17aw
bege wrote:It's in the 0.87
what are you talking about, current xnview versions are above 2.4, not 0.something

Re: Guetzli JPEG from Google

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:23 pm
by RGhost
bg17aw wrote:
bege wrote:It's in the 0.87
what are you talking about, current xnview versions are above 2.4, not 0.something
He talking about XNViewMP, latest version release post http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=36225 , where Guetzli JPEG is mentioned.

Re: Guetzli JPEG from Google

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm
by bg17aw
Never knew there is an MP version as well... A bit ridiculous, two products competiting with each other

Re: Guetzli JPEG from Google

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:22 pm
by heimaki
bege wrote:It's in the 0.87 change log, but I cannot find it.
I'd love to have it as JPEG save option in the settings
it's there. save as --> JPG Guetzli JPG
also \plugins\guetzli_windows_x86-64.exe is present.

but as said, it doesn't do anything. progress bar is shown and disappears again after a while (as expected), but there is absolutely NO file on the disk. nowhere.

Re: Guetzli JPEG from Google

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm
by bege
heimaki wrote: it's there. save as --> JPG Guetzli JPG
also \plugins\guetzli_windows_x86-64.exe is present.
but as said, it doesn't do anything. progress bar is shown and disappears again after a while (as expected), but there is absolutely NO file on the disk. nowhere.
Nothing here in Windows-64-bit version. No plugin, no save as entry, nothing in format options nor in the about window

Re: Guetzli JPEG from Google

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 pm
by heimaki
it's missing in the installer, but present in the zip file.

Re: Guetzli JPEG from Google

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 pm
by bege
heimaki wrote:it's missing in the installer, but present in the zip file.
Thank you.
So I'll be patient and wait for a working version in the installer.
And still I'd rather have it as a settings option than in the saving as dialog.