IPTC: Caption Word Wrap in Thumbnails view

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Senn

IPTC: Caption Word Wrap in Thumbnails view

Post by Senn »

Hi.
I can say that XnView is great program.
There is one thing I would like you to change. That is Word Wrap in Thumbnails view when under photo I have enabled view of "IPTC: Caption".
Programs shows only one line of "IPTC: Caption" which is usually bigger then 500 letters.
I would like XnView to show complete caption under the photo in Thumbnails view.

This is how it looks now:
!-------------------------------------------!!--------------------------------------------!!-------------------------------------------!
!...........................................!!............................................!!...........................................!
!...........................................!!............................................!!...........................................!
!...................Photo1................!!..................Photo2..................!!..................Photo3..................!
!_______________________________!!_______________________________!!_______________________________!
..............file_name.jpg.............. ..............file_name.jpg............... ..............file_name.jpg..............
IPTC: Caption "This is the Caption..... IPTC: Caption "This is the Caption.... IPTC: Caption "This is the Caption....

And change would be like this:
!_______________________________!!_______________________________!!_______________________________!
!...................Photo1................!!..................Photo2..................!!..................Photo3..................!
..............file_name.jpg.............. ..............file_name.jpg............... ..............file_name.jpg..............
IPTC: Caption "This is the Caption
which continues in as many rows as
it needs because captions are usually
much longer then one row, probably
more then 500 characters and would
be easier to read. Thanks

Thanks to developers
Damir Sencar
http://www.sencar.hr
Senn

Re: IPTC: Caption Word Wrap in Thumbnails view

Post by Senn »

And it would be great if I could edit that IPTC fields in thumbnails view, not in Opened dialog "Edit IPTC data", but directly in thumbnails view.

Also, there is feature called "Code replacement" in Photo Mechanics which enable usage of codes and replace that code with custom text. Example...
I write "R01" and it is replaced with "Name of the player" who has nubmer 01 on his shorts. Of course i should make txt database like this
R01 "Name of player 1"
R02 "Name of player 2"
R03 "Name of player 3"

I start to write:
Real Madrid player R01 fights for a ball with Manchester United player M09 during their game in ........
Program changes IPTC Description like this:
Real Madrid player Name of player 1 fights for a ball with Manchester United player Name of player 9 during their game in ........

Of course that could be for anything else, but this crossed my mind now.

Damir Sencar
http://www.sencar.hr