DjVuLibre based DjVu Plugin

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
Wuyko_WINDOWS

DjVuLibre based DjVu Plugin

Post by Wuyko_WINDOWS » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:35 pm

Exist a possibility of creating of the DjVuLibre based DjVu Plugin for XnView?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: DjVuLibre based DjVu Plugin

Post by xnview » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:05 am

Wuyko_WINDOWS wrote:Exist a possibility of creating of the DjVuLibre based DjVu Plugin for XnView?
DjVuLibre didn't exist for windows and is not free (GPL).
Pierre.

warlock

Re: DjVuLibre based DjVu Plugin

Post by warlock » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:49 pm

xnview wrote:
Wuyko_WINDOWS wrote:Exist a possibility of creating of the DjVuLibre based DjVu Plugin for XnView?
DjVuLibre didn't exist for windows and is not free (GPL).
You are right that it doesn't exist for Windows, BUT IT IS GPL LICENCED. Look at this http://djvulibre.djvuzone.org/licensing.html

User avatar
Drahken
Posts: 884
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:29 pm

Post by Drahken » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:03 pm

What I believe pierre is saying is that the GPL dictates that GPL software can only be used on other GPL software. If he used it in xnview, he'd have to make xnview open source, and he doesn't want to do that.

Wuyko_WINDOWS

Post by Wuyko_WINDOWS » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:58 pm

Exist a «OpenDjVu» Project based on djvulibre. This software for Windows, and in the URL http://opendjvu.webhost.ru/ exist a description, with how-to compile the djvulibre for Windows. The WinDjView (http://windjview.sourceforge.net/) is also djvulibre based software for Windows.

I'm agree, that the author not have a possibility, to include GNU based plug-in to XnView installation. But somebody else? If plug-in written by independent programmer, and it's free?

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:59 am

Wuyko_WINDOWS wrote:Exist a «OpenDjVu» Project based on djvulibre. This software for Windows, and in the URL http://opendjvu.webhost.ru/ exist a description, with how-to compile the djvulibre for Windows. The WinDjView (http://windjview.sourceforge.net/) is also djvulibre based software for Windows.

I'm agree, that the author not have a possibility, to include GNU based plug-in to XnView installation. But somebody else? If plug-in written by independent programmer, and it's free?
No it's the same, i can't use GPL code
Pierre.

Post Reply