Auto-Dock XnView window to edges of the screen option

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Auto-Dock XnView window to edges of the screen option

Post by Dreamer »

Auto-Dock XnView window to edges of the screen option (or always auto-dock without option).
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Auto-Dock XnView window to edges of the screen option

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:Auto-Dock XnView window to edges of the screen option (or always auto-dock without option).
What do you means by auto dock?
Pierre.
Clo
XnThusiast

Like a drawer---

Post by Clo »

:) Hello Pierre !

- I guess this is :
• If you have a window of XnView which doesn't fit the screen, moving it on any edge of the screen makes that it's hidden like in a drawer.
• Then, just a stripe remains visible; when the mouse-cursor hovers the stripe, the window reopens automatically.
- Example : the small info-window of MotherBoard Monitor (if you know it…)

:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Like a drawer---

Post by Dreamer »

Clo wrote::) Hello Pierre !

- I guess this is :
• If you have a window of XnView which doesn't fit the screen, moving it on any edge of the screen makes that it's hidden like in a drawer.
• Then, just a stripe remains visible; when the mouse-cursor hovers the stripe, the window reopens automatically.
- Example : the small info-window of MotherBoard Monitor (if you know it…)

:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
No, no , no. I don't know how to explain, I'll try later, it's the same as in winamp, skype, mp3tag... (all freeware).
Clo
XnThusiast

Curious…

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !

- Curious to know what you'll explain :P

- Did you see the example I quote above ?

:mrgreen: KR

Claude
Clo
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

I guess it's called Display>'snap window' in winamp and means that when you approach a window by less than [x] pixels from an edge of the screen, it 'sticks' directly to it -> much easier to align windows to the screen edges... :D

Olivier
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Olivier_G wrote:I guess it's called Display>'snap window' in winamp and means that when you approach a window by less than [x] pixels from an edge of the screen, it 'sticks' directly to it -> much easier to align windows to the screen edges... :D
ok, but is it really usefull?
Pierre.
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

xnview wrote:ok, but is it really usefull?
:? ...not really for me (I use XnView Maximized most of the time, and don't care about its position when I reduce it).
Clo
XnThusiast

Carry a plugin…

Post by Clo »

:) Hi All !

¤ Indeed I know the Winamp feature to move both its window and a plugin one together.
- So, I would call this rather "Auto-hook" or "Auto-stick"…
"Dock" is a secundary window that you can show¦hide via any way, usually a tree, and the most times at the left side of the main window; i.e. : like in the Web browsers, or the damned classic CHM TOC¦Synopsis (I hate that !)
Olivier_G wrote
…(I use XnView Maximized most of the time, and don't care about its position when I reduce it). …
• Same here, but there is a case where it could be useful -not to stick the adjustable size window at the edge of the screen-
This could be indispensable whether we would have some "active plugin" later, let's say for instance an extra customizable tool-bar which could be hooked to the XnView window when reduced, and moved with it on the screen…

:mrgreen: Kind regards, cordialement,
Claude
Clo
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Olivier_G wrote:I guess it's called Display>'snap window' in winamp and means that when you approach a window by less than [x] pixels from an edge of the screen, it 'sticks' directly to it -> much easier to align windows to the screen edges... :D
ok, but is it really usefull?
Yes, very useful, for me. :) (Olivier, thanks for explanation)

It would be useful when you need to move main window from one side to another often...