New Thumbnail info - EXIF: Lens Model

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Chrisphoto

New Thumbnail info - EXIF: Lens Model

Post by Chrisphoto »

Hi

First of all, many thanks for this excellent software. The speed and customization possibilities are totally awesome and it's the only photo browser and viewer for Mac that is on par with the PC version of ACDSee. I have tried quite a few, including the awful Mac version of ACDSee and the fast but limited Lyn software.

However, if I may suggest a couple of improvements to make XnView even more perfect;

I would like to display Lens Model as thumbnail-info. As of now, you can only display Focal length. See attached screen shot from my thumbnail browser where I already have chosen it to display Camera Model, Exposure info and File name.

Another good feature would be if XnView could create vertical thumbnails from RAW files shot in vertical mode. I haven't found any settings for this.

Much obliged

/Christian Nilsson, Sweden
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 15.32.06.png
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: New Thumbnail info - EXIF: Lens Model

Post by xnview »

Chrisphoto wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:45 pm I would like to display Lens Model as thumbnail-info. As of now, you can only display Focal length. See attached screen shot from my thumbnail browser where I already have chosen it to display Camera Model, Exposure info and File name.
Currently it's not possible, Lens Model is not easy to decode.
Another good feature would be if XnView could create vertical thumbnails from RAW files shot in vertical mode. I haven't found any settings for this.
sorry but i don't understand. You have vertical thumbnail for vertical picture on your screenshot?
Pierre.
Chrisphoto

Re: New Thumbnail info - EXIF: Lens Model

Post by Chrisphoto »

sorry but i don't understand. You have vertical thumbnail for vertical picture on your screenshot?
Yeah, that was stupid. :?

I had a problem with a couple of my folders, took a screenshot of another and then discovered that there was support for vertical format also with raw-files.

But many thanks for replying. :D