"exclude files" list

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

WhatchItFoool

"exclude files" list

Post by WhatchItFoool »

This is partially a followup to my bug report topic on videos still playing if you have unchecked "Recognise only my extension".

Could Exclusion list be implemented, that ignores a file based on extension before anything else in done in XnView?
This would be one solution to the videos still playing problem, but what about wanting only certain videos for instance.

I for one never want XnView to open photoshop files. I want to see tiffs, but large tiffs are not ok. Like the photoshop files, I know what is in them and they are generally high-res archive files (so they take noticeable long to load). Size could also be another exclusion option.

I never use the browser view, as I exclusively open XnView by clicking on a picture in windows explorer. I then cycle through the entire folder, using the page buttons.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: "exclude files" list

Post by xnview »

do you have tried the Options>File list>Custom files (if not checked so excluded)
Pierre.
WhatchItFoool

Post by WhatchItFoool »

yes, in the instance of videos and the settings described in my other topic, the videos still play and are loaded. No exclusion happens.

The exclusion seems to keep things from the file explorer part of XnView, but not from opening when pressing "page down" inside a folder to slideshow view the folder contents.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Ok, please disable option>view>Misc>Play movie
Pierre.