Full GIF in slideshows

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

zoah

Full GIF in slideshows

Post by zoah »

Hello there,

First, thanks for the hard and wonderful work !

I've been a user for quite some time now and I either witnessed a regression in the past few months/years or had a really vivid dream once :p

I'm a slideshow user (that little buddy : Image ) and I have images and gifs in my folders, that I'd like to have in the same "fast" slideshow.

The issue I have is that if I indeed want it fast, it will also be applied to gifs which ruins it a bit since they'll cut before the end. If I set enough time for gifs to play, then photos take too long (and it's quite random for gifs to play til the end or not).

Could we have a little checkbox in the slideshow options to have the gifs play entirely, without caring for the time limit? (were it shorter or longer)

Thanks a lot !

Cheers,
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Full GIF in slideshows

Post by xnview »

will be fixed in next release
Pierre.
zoah

Post by zoah »

Thank you !!
zoah

Post by zoah »

Hi Pierre !

(Hadn't noticed you were French for all that time (I am too, but let's not switch to French in this thread ^^))

Just wanted to know if you had indeed made a fix for this since I can't seem to figure out how to have this in 2.47 :)

Thanks so much for your work !!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

zoah wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:47 pm (Hadn't noticed you were French for all that time (I am too, but let's not switch to French in this thread ^^))
:P

It doesn't work on 2.47??
Pierre.
zoah

Post by zoah »

Sorry, I just saw your reply...

Nope, still doesn't work... :(

I have these settings :

Maybe I did something wrong, but in this case, all my gifs are cut 1s after they begin :(

Thank you :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you send me gif sample to reproduce the problem?
Pierre.
zoah

Post by zoah »

Sorry for the late answer :)

So for example, I downloaded this gif : https://giphy.com/gifs/mushroom-loopy-m ... AdmbVE8cKt
(easy to see that it doesn't reach the end)

Then added it to a "Test" folder with two pictures (any jpg/png/... you got), and started Xnview.

I browsed to the parent folder then selected my Test folder and did this : Image then validated with the settings from my previous post and the gif didn' tplay until the end when it was its turn.

Oh, and by the way, another little issue, I just realized while testing various file formats that you can launch Image on a movie file and it works, but not on a folder that only contains movies. And in the same idea, if a folder contains pictures and movies, movies won't be included in the slideshow, whereas if you select only the movies, there will be a slideshow. Maybe it could be worth haivng an option like "include movies" to the slideshow options.

Thank you for your time :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

i've sent you a PM
Pierre.
FindBugs

Post by FindBugs »

Xnview 2.48 Mar 2 2019.
Fast slide show works fine with gifs. It is changing gifs after all frames were shown.
(Pro) slideshow that can save slideshow files *.sld works with gifs badly. It is changing gifs only when selected time interval ran out or mouse click or keyboard press happend. So it is a total mess for gifs, short gifs can be shown fully several times if loop option is on, when long gifs is played briefly because timer ran out
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

FindBugs wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:29 am Xnview 2.48 Mar 2 2019.
Fast slide show works fine with gifs. It is changing gifs after all frames were shown.
(Pro) slideshow that can save slideshow files *.sld works with gifs badly. It is changing gifs only when selected time interval ran out or mouse click or keyboard press happend. So it is a total mess for gifs, short gifs can be shown fully several times if loop option is on, when long gifs is played briefly because timer ran out
i don't understand timer doens't wait end of GIF?
Pierre.
konorok

Post by konorok »

Same issue here, has it been solved already?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

konorok wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:39 am Same issue here, has it been solved already?
please describe the problem?
Pierre.
konorok

Post by konorok »

Well the gifs are not showing to the end in slideshow mode.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

konorok wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:32 am Well the gifs are not showing to the end in slideshow mode.
all GIFs?
Pierre.