Stackable tabs (ie. more than one row)

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Stackable tabs (ie. more than one row)

Post by Guest »

Please, Please, Please can you implement stackable tabs. It makes it much easier to navigate when you have lots of images open because you don't have to keep scrolling left/right.

I use the Firefox web browser coupled with the TabMixPlus extension. This allows you to specify the width of tabs and also how many rows of tabs are visible. When this number of rows is exceeded, up/down arrows are displayed to scroll between the rows which are not visible.

Please implement the tabs like this, instead of the standard Windows tab control, which moves the current row to the top when you click on a tab, which can get confusing.

It would be even better if you could also implement a vertical scrollbar to go with the arrows for moving up/down the visible tab rows.

Please let me know if you need any more information, althouth FF and the TMP extension would be a good starting point.

Nothing comes close to XnView! My fave feature is the Massive thumbnails, which no other viewer provides! :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Stackable tabs (ie. more than one row)

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:Please, Please, Please can you implement stackable tabs. It makes it much easier to navigate when you have lots of images open because you don't have to keep scrolling left/right.

I use the Firefox web browser coupled with the TabMixPlus extension. This allows you to specify the width of tabs and also how many rows of tabs are visible. When this number of rows is exceeded, up/down arrows are displayed to scroll between the rows which are not visible.

Please implement the tabs like this, instead of the standard Windows tab control, which moves the current row to the top when you click on a tab, which can get confusing.

It would be even better if you could also implement a vertical scrollbar to go with the arrows for moving up/down the visible tab rows.

Please let me know if you need any more information, althouth FF and the TMP extension would be a good starting point.

Nothing comes close to XnView! My fave feature is the Massive thumbnails, which no other viewer provides! :)
Ok, but currently i use the windows tab control :-)
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Pierre!

The windows tab control will do for starters, but an improved tab control like I describe would be ideal since the tab rows wouldn't keep switching places, which can get confusing IMO. Maybe one for a future version of XnView
darkfader

Post by darkfader »

I was going to suggest to scroll the tabs with middle mouse button but I just saw that the button is already occupied with closing the tab. Automatic scrolling perhaps?

To get more tabs on the screen, you can shorten the visible filename length.
But is there a way to disable the filename in the tab? I tried setting the "Limit tab caption" to 0 but that did not work. Minimum value is 1 which also shows "...".
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

*bump* :)
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

Bump again. Will XnView get stackable tabs ?