Dual monitors

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

hcgtv

Dual monitors

Post by hcgtv »

Hi,

First off I'd like to thank the developers of XnView for an awesome program. I was a long time user of ACDSee, then it started to get bloated, I'd still be running version 3 if it worked on XP.

I have a problem with dual monitors, I have the use fullscreen on second monitor option checked but when I'm viewing the image in the first monitor and click fullscreen, I get nothing on either monitor.

This is my setup - hcg, the laptop

Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Dual monitors

Post by xnview »

hcgtv wrote: First off I'd like to thank the developers of XnView for an awesome program. I was a long time user of ACDSee, then it started to get bloated, I'd still be running version 3 if it worked on XP.

I have a problem with dual monitors, I have the use fullscreen on second monitor option checked but when I'm viewing the image in the first monitor and click fullscreen, I get nothing on either monitor.

This is my setup - hcg, the laptop
And if you don't check this option, you have fullscreen on first monitor??
Pierre.
hcgtv

Post by hcgtv »

If I have XnView running on the second monitor, no matter what I try to do, the fullscreen disappears from either monitor.

If I have XnView running on the first/primary monitor, no matter what option I have checked, I do get the fullscreen on the primary monitor.

What I'd like to happen is that when I'm hooked to the second monitor, use it for XnView, image viewing on a larger monitor is much better.

It appears that XnView doesn't acknowledge the second monitor for some reason, can't put my finger on it.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

hcgtv wrote:If I have XnView running on the second monitor, no matter what I try to do, the fullscreen disappears from either monitor.

If I have XnView running on the first/primary monitor, no matter what option I have checked, I do get the fullscreen on the primary monitor.

What I'd like to happen is that when I'm hooked to the second monitor, use it for XnView, image viewing on a larger monitor is much better.

It appears that XnView doesn't acknowledge the second monitor for some reason, can't put my finger on it.
You try fullscreen in view mode or browser mode? The option is for browser mode!
Pierre.
pjp

Post by pjp »

Is possible add "edit" function (menu - Image, Filter) for edit mode in browser mode with dual monitor ?
Pavel
Senorpablo

Post by Senorpablo »

While we're on the subject of multi-monitors, I use XnView only on my second monitor to browse images which I'm going to edit on my primary monitor.

It would be very nice if XnView remembered it's position on the second monitor, so that I don't have to always drag it over and maximize it upon startup.

Thanks!