Satori et al,
I got the help file and opened it ok, but I have no idea how to "save it into the subfolder 'help' in the XnView program directory".
installing the help file is really simple, but surely can be a big task for a PC novice. I'll try to explain the download procedure in more detail.
First some background info:
The help document for XnView comes as ZIP archive. Generally, archives contain one or several files which are compressed and stored in the archive. Archives are often used in the internet context since files are compressed and reduced in size. This way, download time can be reduced.
For packing and unpacking files in an archive you need a so-called Packer. Common packers are WinZIP and WinRAR, and there's many more. I assume that you have WinZIP installed on your computer, if not you can download it on the download page on http://www.winzip.com
- Downloading and installing the XnView Online help
Now that you have a some background and a packer installed, you are prepared.
The archive with the English online help of XnView is named 'help-en.zip' and it contains only one single file which is named 'help-en.chm'. The file 'help-en.chm' is the English help document for XnView.
1. Download the ZIP archive with the XnView Online help from the XnView Download page
. In the download dialog, choose 'Open'.
2. Wait till the download has completed.
3. After the download, the Packer software will be started immediately (since you have chosen 'Open' in step 1.). In the Packer software choose 'Extract', and as location you choose the subfolder "help" in the XnView program directory. Typically this is 'C:\Program Files\XnView\help'.
4. Press 'OK' to extract the file.
5. Close/Exit the Packer.
That's it. If everything worked fine you can start XnView and press the F1 function key to open the help document.
I hope that you (and others) succeed in installing the Online help. If the above description doesn't help, I recommend you to ask a friend who is more familiar with computers.