FixPicture

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

FixPicture

Post by xnview »

I'm happy to announce you my new online utility site to convert picture files easily.

http://www.fixpicture.org/

You have a simple version in HTML, and an advanced version with Flash...

It's a beta, so perhaps some bugs, and many things to add in the future...
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: FixPicture

Post by xnview »

No feedback :-(
Pierre.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

Hi Pierre!

You want feedback? Here's feedback:

WOW! What an extremely nice site. I only used the Flash version but encountered no issues. It works great and is very good-looking (better looking than XnView, even).

I probably would never use it personally (no need), but as the push (Web 2.0???) again seems to be for online applications and "thin" clients, FixPicture is just about perfect.

Please migrate the look and feel to XnView!!!! Gorgeous!

Congrats on such a compelling implementation. My only request about it would be that the image should be centered in the work area on the right instead of aligned to the upper-left corner.

Again: S W E E T !
John
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

JohnFredC wrote:WOW! What an extremely nice site. I only used the Flash version but encountered no issues. It works great and is very good-looking (better looking than XnView, even).
Thanks
I probably would never use it personally (no need), but as the push (Web 2.0???) again seems to be for online applications and "thin" clients, FixPicture is just about perfect.

Please migrate the look and feel to XnView!!!! Gorgeous!
Yes, it's a very specific use, and perhaps for a XnView 5.0 :-)
Pierre.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

Most likely the reason there are no comments are because no one here has need of an online thing when they already have xnview on their comps. It is good for what it does though. I remember way back when I was on webtv and couldn't install any programs, I had to use online image editors like that. There were a couple different imagemagick ones, gifworks, and something with image or imager in the name. I could see that coming in handy for cell phone users, who might take a photo and then want to alter it, but not have any imaging software on their phone.
Troken

Post by Troken »

It's gonna be perfect when on vacation and if i'm without access to my own computer with XnView installed. And the design is sweet, modern and fresh. I think JohnFredC is right, use it for XnView as well. Somewhat it makes the interface of XnView feel out of date when comparing...
Last edited by Troken on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

Hi Pierre

Do you want bug reports?

In the Flash version "FIT" only fits the image horizontally, not also vertically. So the image gets distorted...
John
pjp

Post by pjp »

Flash version & RAW:
MRW works good.
NEF don't work ... wait and wait and work and wait ...
Pavel
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pjp wrote:Flash version & RAW:
MRW works good.
NEF don't work ... wait and wait and work and wait ...
Pavel
I've tried with a nef file, and no problem! NEF uploading and converting can be very long!
I'll check the other bugs...
Pierre.
pjp

Post by pjp »

OK, I check again, no other upload/download on my computer on this time to I-net or to my network.
MRW 8MPix (A2) - 3 min and ~8 sec/11.5MB
TIFF 8MPix (orig MRW) - 11 min and ~57 sec/45.7MB
Appr. from "Load" do view something.
NEF 10MPix (D200) - I wait an hour, nothing/16MB/different as yesterday evening, no problem with open in XnView. Last message in Status area - Loading 1181372401891_DSC_8879.jpg ...
Start time of checking NEF file approx - today 09:35.
Appr. 3-4 min uploading file, but after ... :-(
TIFF 10MPix (orig NEF) - I didn't check.
Connected to I-net by WiFi Tx Rate 48Mbps, speed (by http://rychlost.cz) Download: 1,555.80 kbit/s (194.48 kB/s) Upload: 545.88 kbit/s (68.24 kB/s).
Next - can you change filter in open dialog ? If I use extension tiff, I see there, but if I use extension TIF (default extension Dimage Viewer), I don't see this file there.
Pavel
pjp

Post by pjp »

About problem with NEF file, I don't need this urgently. This is only for your information.
One next, maybe, problem - I didn't find there any list supported type of pictures.
Pavel
helmut

Post by helmut »

I think fixpicture.org can really be helpful in some situations - well done, Pierre! Especially the flash based version is nice and powerful.

A very common correction is missing: Red eye correction. Adding this would make http://fixpicture.org more complete.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

I agree with Helmut.
xnview wrote:Please migrate the look and feel to XnView!!!! Gorgeous!
Yes, it's a very specific use, and perhaps for a XnView 5.0 :-)
It looks like Vista, there are few unofficial "vista-like" skins, so at least some nice vista-like skin might be implemented a bit earlier. ;)
Dreamer
runey

Post by runey »

I recently stumbled across FixPicture and must say what I saw was very good... However the very next day it seems it is no longer working...

EDIT: Just thought I'd recheck at work just in case and it's working again :)
EDIT AGAIN: Checking on my home connection and I get the following errors... Loading 1193622667187_demo8.jpg failed for an image from an URL or xxxx.jpg: security SandBox Error for one from a file...

I've been searching high and low for good online image editors... Some are just too over the top for my needs... Like Fauxto and Picknik... Others are just plain rubbish... FixPicture seems to fit nicely in the middle... It has good range of features without going over the top...

I was hoping I might be able to talk to someone about licensing FixPicture to use on my own site... It's not a site for image editing, so there's no competition... However the site may require users to modify background and profile images on the fly... FixPicture seems to be close to perfect in it's existing form for the purposes I need...

If licensing and modifying FixPicture for my own site is a possibility then I would love to hear from someone :)

Thanks for your time and great job on FixPicture...
Jason Hart (aka Runey)
TrekCon Administrator (http://trekcon.com)
RocketHack Administrator (http://rockethack.com)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

runey wrote:I recently stumbled across FixPicture and must say what I saw was very good... However the very next day it seems it is no longer working...

EDIT: Just thought I'd recheck at work just in case and it's working again :)
EDIT AGAIN: Checking on my home connection and I get the following errors... Loading 1193622667187_demo8.jpg failed for an image from an URL or xxxx.jpg: security SandBox Error for one from a file...
You have always the problem?
If licensing and modifying FixPicture for my own site is a possibility then I would love to hear from someone :)
Could you contact me...
Pierre.