Research on XnView community - Please join!

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

imenebenyahia

Research on XnView community - Please join!

Post by imenebenyahia »

Hi every body,

I 'm a PHD student in Paris Dauphine University. My doctoral thesis is about virtual communities (discussion board, newsgroups, usersgroups…) and in this context; I need your help to finalize it. I would like, indeed, to have your opinions about XnView community.

I did an english version of my questionnaire to make it easier for you to collaborate in this research. The informations that you communicate are anonymous and used only for this doctoral research.

Please click here to go to the English questionnaire.

I need a very large sample of respondents to my questionnaire in order to finalize my research. So please, do not hesitate to participate. Many thanks in advance for your precious help. If you want to have more information about this research or if you have any suggestion or note, do not hesitate to contact me on my email.

THANKS A LOT

Imène BEN YAHIA

Bonjour,

je suis doctorante à l’université Paris Dauphine et je m’intéresse aux communautés virtuelles (forums, newsgroups, usersgroups…). J'aurais, dans ce cadre, besoin de vos avis sur ce sujet, en particulier sur la communauté virtuelle XnView.

Aujourd’hui, je mène la phase finale de ma recherche. Alors je sollicite votre aide à tous pour répondre à ce questionnaire. Votre collaboration m'est indispensable pour l’aboutissement de ma recherche doctorale surtout que j'ai besoin d'un grand échantillon de répondants pour pouvoir la finaliser.

Le questionnaire est conçu de façon à faciliter et rendre simple et rapide votre participation (13 minutes).

Les informations que vous communiquerez seront anonymes et utilisées seulement pour cette recherche académique. Si vous souhaitez plus d’information ou si vous voulez obtenir les résultats de ma recherche ou si vous avez des critiques, n’hésitez pas à me contacter personnellement sur mon adresse e-mail.

Merci pour votre collaboration

Voici le lien vers le questionnaire en Français :
questionnaire français.

MERCI BEAUCOU

Imène BEN YAHIA
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I completed the questionnaire but when I clicked the submit button I got the javascript message: "Le nombre est incorrect."

I could not determine what number the message referred to.

As a result, I could not submit the questionnaire.

Post by Guest »

Thank you very much for your participation.

I don't know what was the problem! may be an internet problem !! because I check the forumlars and it is ok !! if possible for you, can you try again and let me know please?

Thank you very much.
Olive

Post by Olive »

I completed it (in English) and it worked for me.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

do hesitate to participate
Heh, important typo there. The absence of "not" completely ruins the intent of the message. ;)
helmut

Post by helmut »

The survey is five pages and apart from sex and age no personal information is asked - this made me trust. :-)

Please note:
In the questions of the survey, the term "editor" is used. Here, "editor" means "author of the software" (and not "text editor"). ;-)

The moderators have an idea and feeling for the state of this XnView forum. Additionaly we'd be very interested to get a copy of the results of this survey to get an even better understanding and verify our perception of the XnView forum. The results might even help to improve the XnView forum. So we strongly support this survey and thank you for joining it!
helmut

Post by helmut »

Drahken wrote:
do hesitate to participate
Heh, important typo there. The absence of "not" completely ruins the intent of the message. ;)
Right, Drahken. I've just corrected this and hope that people do no longer hesitate. ;-)
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

I took the survey the same day I posted about the typo. It wasn't difficult & didn't ask for personal info. However, it was tricky to figure out what the questions meant in some cases because of the translation. Most of the translation was good, but some of it was a little confusing.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Drahken wrote:... However, it was tricky to figure out what the questions meant in some cases because of the translation. Most of the translation was good, but some of it was a little confusing.
Yes, some of the English translation is a bit hard to understand. Perhaps Imène can change that - but I guess not because this might have impact on the results.

I've change the topic a bit and made it "sticky" so that more people stumble over it...
imenebenyahia

Post by imenebenyahia »

manu thanks for your replies and your suggestions. I am so gratefull.

I don't have enough respondants yet. Only 5 answers for my englsh quiz and 8 for the french version of the quiz.

Thank you helmut and Drahken. thanks to your remarks regarding the quiz, I tried to clarify questions and words by making the quiz checked by an anglish speaking person. Hope that it is clearer now.

YES, helmut, "editor" means here "author of the software". I will change it in the quiz.
Susan

Birthdate

Post by Susan »

What is the format for the birthday? It keeps rejecting it with "le nombre est incorrect".

Is "incorrect" even a French word? :)
Clo
XnThusiast

It is !

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !

• “Incorrect” is quite good French. The usual date format (in French) is :
Day of the week (name) - Day of the month (number) - Month (name or number 1… 12) - [Year if needed].

• For instance, today Jeudi 18 Octobre 2007…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
imenebenyahia

Re: Birthdate

Post by imenebenyahia »

Susan wrote:What is the format for the birthday? It keeps rejecting it with "le nombre est incorrect".

Is "incorrect" even a French word? :)
thanks for this note because for the birthday, I just need the year of birth!!!! I will correct it soon to evoid such confusion.

If you notice any other confusion in the quiz, please, do not hesitate to tell me.
imenebenyahia

Post by imenebenyahia »

For information, to day, I have 14 answers for my quiz from XNVIEW community: 6 for the english version and 8 for the french version
imenebenyahia

Post by imenebenyahia »

To day, I have just 8 responses for my english quiz and 9 answers for the french version!

Unfortunately, this number is too few to conduct the statistical analysis.

thanks a lot for all those who have already answered to the quiz. For all the others, please do not hesitate to participate to this research. Unless, I can not finalize it !!

Many thanks in advance.

PS : Can you recommend me any other virtual communities about softwares where the newsgroups are initiated by the author of softwares himself ?? Thanks in advance