Images with .eml extension

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

luv2fish

Images with .eml extension

Post by luv2fish »

I'm trying to find a program that will convert eml files so that i can view them. Anyone experience this problem before? If so, how did you resolve it. My regular email is <Removed by Newsgroup moderator> if you would like to reply to me directly.

Thanks in advance.
Willie[/i]
helmut

Re: Images with .eml extension

Post by helmut »

luv2fish wrote:I'm trying to find a program that will convert eml files so that i can view them.
I just had a look on www.filext.com to find out about the .eml format. There it says that it is a format for e-mail files. So I doubt that XnView will ever be able to display this format. If "your" .eml file contains something different and is a graphic format, please let us know.

Please note:
You should avoid placing your e-mail address in Newsgroups. Mail address harvesters might search this site and suddenly you might get even more spam... Instead, register and people can send you personal mails.

actually it could!`

Post by Guest »

eml is an email format (yes) but it can contain images or any file type.. as in attachements but the files would be encoded to if XnView could read it as it reads PPT (of course it is different as PPT, doc,mdb,msi,chm,xls,..) are called compound file and strange how XnView can only view internal images for powerpoint files only..

Return to topic.. eml has every thing encoded with "base64" (you can find encoder/decoder under sourceforge.com) to it would need this...

1- search for direct extension (base64 stores attachements file names inside it).. ex *.gif
2- decode the block after it.. (on fly.. it accually neads few kb to decode..)
3- dumb decoded stream to xnview..
4- finished..

In the end eml can be handled as "multipage" format regarding its contents..

yours

MAAD (mohammad deeb)
crazytb

Post by crazytb »

Return to topic.. eml has every thing encoded with "base64" (you can find encoder/decoder under sourceforge.com) to it would need this...
I'm not sure, but I think that it can be encoded in other formats beyond base64. I think it can be encoded using UUEncode and MIME.

Encoder/decoder for these formats (with source code under GPL):
http://www.fpx.de/fp/Software/UUDeview/

Post by Guest »

of course .. i was speaking on most emails.. (from oulook..)
it can now support any encoding method like base64 or uue or ync or other newly methods or compression like zlib in some email clients.. (now i'm speaking about email database.. file with many emails and attachements..)..

btw .. web archive file or (HTC as i remember) created by IE uses base64 so you can supported too...(web archive file stores all page content into a single file instead of a index file and a folder with other stuff .. images,java scripts, flash,..)

MAAD