Webshots - Changed format

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
Mikepics
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:05 am

Webshots - Changed format

Post by Mikepics »

Hi
The New Webshots uses a different format - wb1 I believe.
Will XnView be updated to support the new format??
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34681
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Webshots - Changed format

Post by xnview »

Mikepics wrote:The New Webshots uses a different format - wb1 I believe.
Will XnView be updated to support the new format??
Could you send me some examples, please?
Regards. Pierre.
IceMan

I want to know also if you are going to support this.

Post by IceMan »

I want to know also if you are going to support this.

Thanks!
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34681
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: I want to know also if you are going to support this.

Post by xnview »

IceMan wrote:I want to know also if you are going to support this.
Not yet.
Pierre.
bergerado

webshots new .wb1 format

Post by bergerado »

In order to continue this old thread in Pierre's monosyllabic fashion:

When?

My assumption is that Webshots (i.e. the C-Net company) does not like to give away the new .wb1 image code for proprietary reasons, am I not right?

Otherwise you would surely have implemented it with one of your latest XnView 1.8 versions, be it only to maintain its reputation of being 'the most versatile image file viewer that money doesn't have to buy' ;-) !

Kind regards,

Andreas
User avatar
Drahken
Posts: 884
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:29 pm

Post by Drahken »

Where do you get wb1 files anyway? All I get from webshots is wbz files (which work just fine in xnview).

In the meantime, there are at least 2 progs which claim to be able to convert wb1 files to JPGs or other formats:
http://uwc.apinc.org/index.php?lang=en
and
http://k-lug.org/~griswold/Progs/webshots.html
Assuming they work (since I have no wb1 files to test them with), they should fill the gap until xnview supports wb1 files.
Oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer's nipples bonk!
mII

wb1

Post by mII »

a third one: Konvertor :)
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34681
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: webshots new .wb1 format

Post by xnview »

bergerado wrote:In order to continue this old thread in Pierre's monosyllabic fashion:

When?

My assumption is that Webshots (i.e. the C-Net company) does not like to give away the new .wb1 image code for proprietary reasons, am I not right?

Otherwise you would surely have implemented it with one of your latest XnView 1.8 versions, be it only to maintain its reputation of being 'the most versatile image file viewer that money doesn't have to buy' ;-) !
If you have wb1 could you send me it?
Pierre.
cdm

Webshots files

Post by cdm »

Since I've updated to the latest version of XnView I've lost the ability to view and convert webshot files (wbz).

I've used XnView for a long time and am disappointed that it no longer read or converts webshots pictures (wbz).

I look forward to a new version which regains this ability.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34681
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Webshots files

Post by xnview »

cdm wrote:Since I've updated to the latest version of XnView I've lost the ability to view and convert webshot files (wbz).

I've used XnView for a long time and am disappointed that it no longer read or converts webshots pictures (wbz).

I look forward to a new version which regains this ability.
Do you have enabled option/General/Startup/Use all formats?
Pierre.
Post Reply