XnView Shell Extension

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ckit
XnThusiast

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by ckit »

BALTAGY wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:19 am
xnview wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am XnView Shell Extension v4.0 is available

- full unicode support
Clicking on the image preview just open XnView not the image, going back to v3.60 fixed the problem
Works for me with "To open picture, use" set to "Associated Program" and I only recently switched back to XnView Classic from XnViewMP
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
BALTAGY

Post by BALTAGY »

ckit wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 pm
xnview wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am XnView Shell Extension v4.0 is available

- full unicode support
Clicking on the image preview just open XnView not the image, going back to v3.60 fixed the problem
Works for me with "To open picture, use" set to "Associated Program" and I only recently switched back to XnView Classic from XnViewMP
I'm using Photo Viewer as the Associated Program
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

- full unicode support
Please update your version, i've fixed this problem
Pierre.
BALTAGY

Post by BALTAGY »

xnview wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:58 am

- full unicode support
Please update your version, i've fixed this problem
Yes it's fixed now, Thanks

A couple more things i want to let you know
1- XnShellEx can't terminate explorer.exe i had to terminate it my self ( Using Win10 1709 64Bit )
2- File version say 4.0.1 but in about menu it say 4.0.0

Thanks
smaragdus

Re: XnView Shell Extension 4.0.0

Post by smaragdus »

Hello,

I was using XnView Shell Extension version 3.5.1, unregistered it, downloaded the new version (XnShellEx64.zip), replaced the files, registered it and it worked. So far so good. I noticed that in 'Options' - 'Displayed Menu items' there was a change - 'File's icon' was replaced with 'Resize', so I enabled it. 'Resize' appeared in Windows shell but the drop-down menu did not work:

Compare it with for example 'Rotate', showing drop-down menu just right:

Am I missing something or this is a bug?

By the way I could not find the change log for the latest version which I am not sure whether it is 4.0.0 as shown in 'About' or 4.0.1 (file version shown as 4.0.1.0).

Regards
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView Shell Extension 4.0.0

Post by xnview »

smaragdus wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:56 am I was using XnView Shell Extension version 3.5.1, unregistered it, downloaded the new version (XnShellEx64.zip), replaced the files, registered it and it worked. So far so good. I noticed that in 'Options' - 'Displayed Menu items' there was a change - 'File's icon' was replaced with 'Resize', so I enabled it. 'Resize' appeared in Windows shell but the drop-down menu did not work:
Please download it again, a file is missing...
Pierre.
smaragdus

Post by smaragdus »

@Pierre
Please download it again, a file is missing...
Thank you very much, I re-downloaded it and 'Resize' drop-down menu is shown properly:

Indeed the file 'XnViewShellExt-Resize.txt' was missing in the previous archive.

Program solved, thanks for the quick fix!

Regards
sprayer

Post by sprayer »

Hi,
Can somebody check this issue? Than i am saving file in photoshop, explorer window is appearing and if i click in it right mouse button at some picture for preview with shell extension photoshop is freezing.
Photoshop CC 19.0. Shell extension is latest, win 10x64 1607
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

sprayer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:48 am Can somebody check this issue? Than i am saving file in photoshop, explorer window is appearing and if i click in it right mouse button at some picture for preview with shell extension photoshop is freezing.
The extension freeze on PSD file? or during the PSD saving by PS?
Pierre.
sprayer

Post by sprayer »

xnview wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:53 am
sprayer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:48 am Can somebody check this issue? Than i am saving file in photoshop, explorer window is appearing and if i click in it right mouse button at some picture for preview with shell extension photoshop is freezing.
Photoshop is freezing when i clicking right mouse button on image via saving dialog
Here demonstrating video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IInhle ... sp=sharing
I am not sure, maybe it's only my OS have that problem
Paultx

Post by Paultx »

sprayer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:47 pm
xnview wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:53 am
Photoshop is freezing when i clicking right mouse button on image via saving dialog
Here demonstrating video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IInhle ... sp=sharing
I am not sure, maybe it's only my OS have that problem
After watching your video, it seems to me this problem has nothing to do with XnView Shell Extension, maybe it's a SO or Photoshop related issue. Have you tried to check on the Photoshop memory settings?
Desktop: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit • Intel Core i7 • 12 GB RAM
Laptop: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit • Intel Core i5 • 6 GB RAM
sprayer

Post by sprayer »

Just checked, i uninstalled shell extension and freezing is gone, right button menu appears fine
Paultx

Post by Paultx »

sprayer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm Just checked, i uninstalled shell extension and freezing is gone, right button menu appears fine
One more question: the menu used to freeze when you opened the context menu within the Photoshop Save as dialog, right?

If so, maybe the integration of the extension with the OS shell plus the Photoshop dialog box is the reason for the freezing. But it's just a guess.
sprayer

Post by sprayer »

Paultx wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm
sprayer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm Just checked, i uninstalled shell extension and freezing is gone, right button menu appears fine
One more question: the menu used to freeze when you opened the context menu within the Photoshop Save as dialog, right?

If so, maybe the integration of the extension with the OS shell plus the Photoshop dialog box is the reason for the freezing. But it's just a guess.
yes, it is freezing only photoshop, explorer is working fine during this freezing. But i remember what before it was works, it may what my OS has problem, so i am asking to check somebody who have photoshop.
Paultx

Post by Paultx »

sprayer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 am
Paultx wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm

yes, it is freezing only photoshop, explorer is working fine during this freezing. But i remember what before it was works, it may what my OS has problem, so i am asking to check somebody who have photoshop.
I just made a test here, but with Corel Photo-Paint (I don't have Photoshop). I created and saved one simple PSD file. With it still opened in the program, I opened the Save as dialog again, clicked on the very same file I've just saved to launch the context menu and the XnView Shell Extension showed the file's thumbnail — from within the Photo-Paint Save as dialog — without freezing.

Maybe it's also a matter of file size, memory, etc. Just thoughts to help you find a fix. Good luck!