Split a multipage TIFF, save a bunch of single-page images?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kaon

Split a multipage TIFF, save a bunch of single-page images?

Post by kaon »

Is there a feature for splitting a multipage TIFF and outputting one image per page?
I suggest options for lossless single-page TIF or GIF or PNG or BMP output, and also lossy single-page JPEG output.
May need some basic file-numbering options too.

Also suggest the same for splitting a multipage PDF.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Split a multipage TIFF, save a bunch of single-page images?

Post by xnview »

You have Tools/multipage/Extract
Pierre.
kaon

Re: Split a multipage TIFF, save a bunch of single-page imag

Post by kaon »

Thank you.
And PDFSAM "PDF Split and Merge" at http://www.pdfsam.org/ is useful for PDF.
PavlovDS

Post by PavlovDS »

Where this functionality in XnViewMP?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

PavlovDS wrote:Where this functionality in XnViewMP?
As far as I know a function equivalent to the one in XnView Classic hasn't been added to XnView MP yet...

But you should be able to split a multipage TIFF into single-page images using Tools > Batch convert... in the Viewer if you load the file on the Input tab, ignore the Actions tab, and use these settings on the Output tab:

Image_1.png
The settings marked in red seem to be required, other settings as you prefer; some experimentation may be required to get optimum results.

You may alternatively use XnConvert, which is effectively the batch conversion function of XnView MP.
PavlovDS

Post by PavlovDS »

cday wrote:
PavlovDS wrote:Where this functionality in XnViewMP?
As far as I know a function equivalent to the one in XnView Classic hasn't been added to XnView MP yet...

But you should be able to split a multipage TIFF into single-page images using Tools > Batch convert... in the Viewer if you load the file on the Input tab, ignore the Actions tab, and use these settings on the Output tab:

Image_1.png
The settings marked in red seem to be required, other settings as you prefer; some experimentation may be required to get optimum results.

You may alternatively use XnConvert, which is effectively the batch conversion function of XnView MP.
Thank you. In the Russian translation mistake in this parameter - convert all pages in multi-page file. The English translation of the same - do not noticed
helmut

Post by helmut »

PavlovDS wrote:Thank you. In the Russian translation mistake in this parameter - convert all pages in multi-page file. The English translation of the same - do not noticed
I think the correct English is "Convert all pages of multi-page file. To avoid confusions I suggest a simple and short: "Convert all pages" or "Use all pages".

Reason/Background: The checkbox resides in the panel "Multipage" which makes it clear that these are settings for multi-page images. The checkbox controls whether all pages are converted or not (I guess only the first one is converted if not checked).

Note: Discussing the English translation is a bit off-topic and is supposed to be discussed in the topic ** English - English. But reason for this topic is a wrong English translation, so I continued discussion here.