How can I use Vietnamese in xnView?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

hianalyst

How can I use Vietnamese in xnView?

Post by hianalyst »

This is my pictures:

but in xnView:

I try another language in Tool~>Option: interface as FAQ but it does work!
vnView is powerful tool but I don't want to change my file name, how can I switch language to utf-8?
marsh
XnThusiast

Re: How can I use Vietnamese in xnView?

Post by marsh »

You may have more success with XnConvert or beta version for now.
From topic, Unicode support:
xnview wrote:
baudav wrote:unicode (UTF-8) is now the default characters on the web
it's very very good if XNview can display all files, and can be used for all in the world.
XnViewMP has native UNICODE support
omniplex

Re: How can I use Vietnamese in xnView?

Post by omniplex »

another language in Tool~>Option: interface as FAQ but it does work
The interface language is for menus, help texts, etc. As long as XnView is a non-Unicode application it uses the "ACP" (ANSI codepage) for your region and language. Try to change the region in "regions and languages" of the control panel to Vietnamese, there should be an ACP for this. After all there are odd "OEM codepages" for VISCII (sp?) and console programs (incl. DOS command line). Caveats: the region is a global setting for all users, it also affects things like currency symbol, month and day names, sorting of non-ASCII char.s, etc. And IIRC it requires a reboot, you can't simply switch on the fly.

There should be a way to change the "ACP" per process, i.e., only for XnView before it starts, but I only know how to change the OEM codepage in a CMD or COMMAND shell (that would be command CHCP, but it does not help with the ACP).