2.05: Webpages created with absolute paths

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

teletubbie

2.05: Webpages created with absolute paths

Post by teletubbie »

XnView 2.05/win

Hello,

i tried to export 200 Files to an html-Site. It works fine. But in the html-files of each pic there are only fixed paths like
"file:///c:/pictures/DSCN123.JPG"

Putting these files on an Server, the site will not show the pictures. Is there any way to change the paths to relative paths like "../DSCN123.JPG"

I dont wont to change all 200 html-files in an editor.

Also the backlink does not work. The file thumbs.html does not work directly on an Server. It needs index.html. So i have to create an extra file with forwarding from index.html to thumbs.html.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

(sorry horrible english - i know)
helmut

Re: website export, relative paths

Post by helmut »

Thanks for your request, Daniel. Right, absolute paths mustn't be included in the HTML page.

Which template did you use for thumbnail generation? Could you please take a screenshot of the "Create Webpage" dialog (in order to see alle the settings)?
teletubbie

Re: 2.05: Webpages created with absolute paths

Post by teletubbie »

These are the screenshots. Is there anywhere an option to enable relative paths?

Daniel
Attachments
This is the screenshot of the dialog.
This is the screenshot of the dialog.
xnview1.jpg (54.4 KiB) Viewed 443 times
This is the screenshot of the webpage, if you get to one of the pics. Without pic, because the path is not relative.
This is the screenshot of the webpage, if you get to one of the pics. Without pic, because the path is not relative.
xnview2.jpg (21.87 KiB) Viewed 443 times
helmut

Post by helmut »

Thank you for your sample, teletubbie. I think that I could reproduced your problem.

Could you please try and check the setting "Copy source images to output folder" (German: Bildansichten speichern bzw. kopieren"? Does your problem persist or is it solved after changing this setting?

(ATM I'm not quite clear what this setting is supposed to do).
teletubbie

Post by teletubbie »

Thanks, now it works.
If using the option "Copy source images to output folder" the html-files are created with relative pathes. I did not use this option, because there was no reason for me to copy more than 200mb of pictures.

I think, it would be an good idea, to put an information to this option like »use this to create files for uploading to an webserver«.

Daniel