XnView portable version with Ghostscript

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cday
XnThusiast

Re: XnView portable version with Ghostscript

Post by cday »

xnview wrote:You have all the files of gs9.15 folder in Plugins\gs?
Yes...
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

cday wrote:
xnview wrote:You have all the files of gs9.15 folder in Plugins\gs?
Yes...
right, a problem :( gs need GS_DLL/GS_LIB in registry. I'll try to find a work around...
Pierre.
areimunde

Post by areimunde »

cday wrote:
omniplex wrote:There is a Portable Apps ghostscript 9.15. So if you have U:\really\weird\apps\XnViewPortable the application directory of XnView would be U:\really\weird\apps\XnViewPortable\App\XnView, and ghostscript should be in U:\really\weird\apps\TBD1\App\TBD2.
I would rather use a standard XnView ZIP with standard Ghostscript to create something that could be plugged into a public computer and work immediately... I did look at Portable Apps but that didn't work for me even after searching the forum, but XnView remains my first choice.
What are you up to with a ... plugins\gs folder?
Have you read the earlier posts of the thread? :wink:
I do have a portable apps USB stick and it works in all public places I've tried, even with highly restricted configurations if they allow USB sticks to run in them... why not using that, which is already working well? It also has the advantage of leaving no traces.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

areimunde wrote:I do have a portable apps USB stick and it works in all public places I've tried, even with highly restricted configurations if they allow USB sticks to run in them... why not using that, which is already working well? It also has the advantage of leaving no traces.
Does it open PDF files, for instance, for which Ghostscript is normally required?