Exiftool Add on

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Pravin

Exiftool Add on

Post by Pravin »

Can some one help exactly which file to download and how to add in to Addon folder. I downloaded Image-ExifTool-10.46 from http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/index.html unzipped and added all files to Addon folder but it did not work. I also downloaded exiftool-10.46.zip, unzipped, renamed to exiftool.exe and pasted in addon folder and that too did not work. Thanks.
Erixx haxx

Re: Exiftool Add on

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hello:

Exactly what are you trying to do. Exiftool.exe should already come with XnviewMp inside addons folder. Though, usually a later or non current version.
This is used to read meta data and shows up in the info/properties Panel>> exiftool tab. Inside the Browser view.

Thanks
mudo_j

Post by mudo_j »

Hi!

I'm using the portable version of XnView MP 0.84 x64 on Windows. The exiftool.exe file is in the XnViewMP\AddOn folder. I update it regularly with the latest version, without problems.

Have a nice day!
Pravin

Post by Pravin »

Thanks for your response. I had XnView Classic, while editing GPS data, I got a message that need to install Exiftool. Based on your suggestion I installed XnViewMP. But can not find a way to edit GPS data. Can you please help.

Thanks
Erixx haxx wrote:Hello:

Exactly what are you trying to do. Exiftool.exe should already come with XnviewMp inside addons folder. Though, usually a later or non current version.
This is used to read meta data and shows up in the info/properties Panel>> exiftool tab. Inside the Browser view.

Thanks
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hi:
Thanks for your response. I had XnView Classic, while editing GPS data, I got a message that need to install Exiftool
Ok, your OP was for classic. You should Ask that in the Classic forum. Someone should help you their. Don't forget to include your OS and Xn version.

As for MP, Edit is under: Tools>> Metadata... I know, weird... Edit under Tools.

As for showing the GPS Tab or map, I've never used it yet, and can't figure it out either. Looks like it uses google maps and I don't like downloading Google stuff to my PC.
Maybe someone will explain this.

**Edit** Seems the GPS Tab with map auto shows inside the info panel when your file has GPS data embedded.
Google Maps must already be embedded into the program.

Thanks
Pravin

Post by Pravin »

Thanks. Your reply helps me to add GPS data in to photographs where there was no such data.
Regards
Erixx haxx wrote:Hi:
Thanks for your response. I had XnView Classic, while editing GPS data, I got a message that need to install Exiftool
Ok, your OP was for classic. You should Ask that in the Classic forum. Someone should help you their. Don't forget to include your OS and Xn version.

As for MP, Edit is under: Tools>> Metadata... I know, weird... Edit under Tools.

As for showing the GPS Tab or map, I've never used it yet, and can't figure it out either. Looks like it uses google maps and I don't like downloading Google stuff to my PC.
Maybe someone will explain this.

**Edit** Seems the GPS Tab with map auto shows inside the info panel when your file has GPS data embedded.
Google Maps must already be embedded into the program.

Thanks
Petrovic1979

Post by Petrovic1979 »

Hello!

there is any way to export EXIF + ExifTool metadata of several images to a .csv file with this software? I only can do it for EXIF but not dor ExifTool ...
Jan Steinman

Post by Jan Steinman »

Petrovic1979 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:08 pm there is any way to export EXIF + ExifTool metadata of several images to a .csv file with this software? I only can do it for EXIF but not dor ExifTool ...
The best way to get stuff out of exiftool is to use a command line interpreter, such as Terminal on the Mac. (I'm sure Windows has something like this, too.)

Then, you can do "exiftool -csv imagename.jpg | sort >outfile.csv"

exiftool is a completely awesome command line tool! More here: https://exiftool.org/