Batch Convert and file paths (windows)

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

uraeus1618

Batch Convert and file paths (windows)

Post by uraeus1618 »

Giday mate,
Does xnview allow retaining of file paths during convert? I've got a big directory tree structure by category name filled with meaningless image file names. I'd like to be able to convert these files (resize) and have the output in the same directory structure but somewhere else.

I can't find an option that does this, instead the files are just dumped (nicely resized) in my chosen output directory. I also searched the forums. No mention.

Big thanks for for great work!

Anthony
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Batch Convert and file paths (windows)

Post by xnview »

uraeus1618 wrote:Giday mate,
Does xnview allow retaining of file paths during convert? I've got a big directory tree structure by category name filled with meaningless image file names. I'd like to be able to convert these files (resize) and have the output in the same directory structure but somewhere else.

I can't find an option that does this, instead the files are just dumped (nicely resized) in my chosen output directory. I also searched the forums. No mention.
Currently not possible, but i'll add this feature...
Pierre.
helmut

Re: Batch Convert and file paths (windows)

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
uraeus1618 wrote:Giday mate,

Currently not possible, but i'll add this feature...
I think Batch operations with a "Retain sub folders" option would be really useful.