Slideshow - Add folder - Puts a slide with text at begining

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jmshep

Slideshow - Add folder - Puts a slide with text at begining

Post by jmshep »

I am new to XnView, I have searched for solutions to my problems without success so excuse me if my issues have been dealt with on this forum already.

If I add a folder to a slideshow it automatically puts an image that has had text added to the beginning. All other images are in the same order as in the folder. It is as if XnView is detecting a title slide, how can I prevent this? (If I select all the thumbnails and select add it is not a problem but the add folder feature is so useful I would prefer to use it if possible)

Also is there any easy way to have a short break in a show and restart from where you left off without the risk of having to start again or to re-select slides? For example, if I give a show via a projector to a group who have a tea break in the middle, how do I blank the screen and then start again from where I left off.
So far if I use the select screen feature in Windows (windows key + P) to temporally select PC only, it cancels the slide show when I try to switch back to PC + Projector.

Thanks in advance
John S
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Slideshow - Add folder - Puts a slide with text at begining

Post by xnview »

jmshep wrote: If I add a folder to a slideshow it automatically puts an image that has had text added to the beginning. All other images are in the same order as in the folder. It is as if XnView is detecting a title slide, how can I prevent this? (If I select all the thumbnails and select add it is not a problem but the add folder feature is so useful I would prefer to use it if possible)
you can change order of files with sort button
Also is there any easy way to have a short break in a show and restart from where you left off without the risk of having to start again or to re-select slides? For example, if I give a show via a projector to a group who have a tea break in the middle, how do I blank the screen and then start again from where I left off.
So far if I use the select screen feature in Windows (windows key + P) to temporally select PC only, it cancels the slide show when I try to switch back to PC + Projector.
currently there is no way to restart quickly at same position
Pierre.