Resize

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Hans L

Resize

Post by Hans L »

I keep having trouble understanding Resize in XnView. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

I did Image > Resize and set PrintSize to about 4.5 inches wide and 6 inches high and was going to print. But then, I realized that there is a Page layout field in the Print box > Layout. And there, I found no option that gave me the size I had specified (4.5 x 6 inches).

In the Help pdf file, I searched on "print:", "page layout" and "layout", but found no reference to my problem.

Thanks for your help.

Hans L
Hans L

Re: Resize

Post by Hans L »

Is this a difficult question or an inane one?

Hans L
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Hans L wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:49 pm Is this a difficult question or an inane one?

Hans L
I don't print from XnView Classic, but looking at the print menu the Print > Layout tab has options Single - Custom which looks as if it enables you to set your desired print size (again...) and also Single - DPI, which might maintain the print size you have already entered??
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

Thanks, cday. In addition to this issue, another: would you suggest that I start using MP? I did not switch to it in the past, because there was something it could not do that I found important (can't remember what). But that has probably changed. So, switch?

Hans L
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Hans L wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:04 pm In addition to this issue, another: would you suggest that I start using MP? I did not switch to it in the past, because there was something it could not do that I found important (can't remember what). But that has probably changed. So, switch?

Hans L
Best to install it alongside XnView Classic I think and try it... 'MP has come along way in the last year and the feature set is now almost complete, if you don't need cross-platform support the interface is still refreshingly new and attractive, and if you use the browser file management functions, there has been a lot of development recently.

Downsides? One or two quirks in the interface due to limitations of the Qt framework used (for example, compression options can't be set from within the save dialog), and 'MP is often reported to be slower opening images although the reasons aren't fully understood.
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

Okay, I'll use them in parallel. Thank you!

Hans L