How can I batch-"Save for web" my images before compress in XnView?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cristian2

How can I batch-"Save for web" my images before compress in XnView?

Post by cristian2 »

I have 400 images ready to load to my webshop. I want to do “Save For Web”, because it should delete all metadata and xmtp headers, which ain’t usefull and makes the images heavier, I an told. Afterwards I have in mind to compress the images in XnView, because here it should be possible to batch many photos at the same time.
The problem is, that I am using Gimp, and here the “Save for web”-function doesn’t have the batch-opportunity. (In fact there schould be a way to set Gimp into batch-mode, but it seems all to nerd-difficult compared to my limited skills: https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Batch/).

So, is there a way to multi-“Save for Web” without having to invest in PS or other programs?
Or can I drop “Save for web” and reach the same effect (removed metadata and xmtp headers) in XnView?
Thank you for your help 🙂
cday
XnThusiast

Re: How can I batch-"Save for web" my images before compress in XnView?

Post by cday »

cristian2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm I have 400 images ready to load to my webshop. I want to do “Save For Web”, because it should delete all metadata and xmtp headers, which ain’t useful and makes the images heavier, I am told. Afterwards I have in mind to compress the images in XnView, because here it should be possible to batch many photos at the same time.

The problem is, that I am using Gimp, and here the “Save for web”-function doesn’t have the batch-opportunity. (In fact there should be a way to set Gimp into batch-mode, but it seems all too nerd-difficult compared to my limited skills: https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Batch/).

So, is there a way to multi-“Save for Web” without having to invest in PS or other programs?

Or can I drop “Save for web” and reach the same effect (removed metadata and xmtp headers) in XnView?

In XnView MP (which can be regarded as a successor to XnView Classic) and XnConvert, both cross-platform with Unicode support and available in 64-bit versions, there is an option on the batch convert Output tab to Preserve metadata (or not) which might produce the output you require, if you care to test it...

I don't have XnView Classic immediately available, so I can't check if that has a similar option although it may well do.