Viewing large images

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

|VooDoo|

Viewing large images

Post by |VooDoo| »

One last thing that's also related with the previous is if there's any way to move a picture that's bigger than the screen resolution so that we can see all of if with a "grab and move" feature or something. the closest i get is using the mouse buttons to move it horizontally, but it's way much slower.

thanks in advance.

congratulations for the great work on this software.
helmut

Re: Quitting Fullscreen mode, Viewing large image

Post by helmut »

|VooDoo| wrote:...One last thing that's also related with the previous is if there's any way to move a picture that's bigger than the screen resolution so that we can see all of if with a "grab and move" feature or something. the closest i get is using the mouse buttons to move it horizontally, but it's way much slower.
With the right mouse button you can grab the image and move it (think you knew).
For vertical scrolling in an image via keyboard, you can use the "Cursor up/Cursor down" keys. If you want to scroll in images horizontally using the keyboard, you can set the option "Cursor Left/Right" to "Scroll left/right" (in Options dialog "View->Keyboard/Mouse"). Once you have set this, you can fully navigate in the image using the cursor keys.

For navigating to the next/previous image, you then have to use the "Page up/Page down" keys.
VuDu

Post by VuDu »

i was talking when using the fullscreen mode.
it works with the normal view. but not on teh full screen.

hope u fix that ;)
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur
Doolittle

Post by Doolittle »

I stumbled on this same problem. Not being able to use the mouse to move a large image (larger than the visible screen) in fullscreen mode is a bad thing, with all those huge digital photo's that are produced by todays digicams. Otherwise, nice and fast program, but this is a point that needs to be addressed (and could be easily I guess, though I'm not a programmer).