Contact Sheet - Order of images [Solved]

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

stegerpl

Contact Sheet - Order of images [Solved]

Post by stegerpl »

Hi

I just installed XnView and I like it, but I am confused about one thing - maybe a bug or feature :D

In the overview I can sort the images in various ways, however the Contact Sheet function always prints them in reversed order (of filename or EXIF?).
The original file names consist of Date_cameraIndex.jpg and corresponding EXIF information:

Code: Select all

20210423_122754.jpg
20210423_122810.jpg
20210423_122816.jpg
In the Contact Sheet they appear first the *816.jpg, then *.810.jpg and last *.754.jpg.

Is there any way to influence the order of Contact Sheet? If not, it might be a very useful feature!

Peter

[Solved] => I found the little triangle in the register "File List"...
Microsoft Surface Pro7+ with KDEneon Linux 5.21.4 - XnView AppImage 0.98.2 64bits (Feb 19 2021) Libformat version 7.75
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Contact Sheet - Order of images [Solved]

Post by cday »

Thank you for posting that, it has provided a solution to a problem I have had in XnView MP with the order of images! :D

In the XnView MP browser option Create > Join images... the order in which the selected images will be joined isn't very intuitive, and I have often been frustrated when the output is not as expected.

I see now that the 'File list' heading has a similar inconspicuous small arrow that enables the order of the selected files to be reversed directly, black not red, though.