Disable PDF-viewing doesn't work

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Christoph

Disable PDF-viewing doesn't work

Post by Christoph »

Hello,

I posted this question about a month ago in the XnView-newsgroup, but didn't get an answer. So I will try here.
Hello,

I'm using XNView 1.61 (Windows) and I've got a problem with disabling the viewing of PDFs. XNView always shows the first page of an PDF-file when I'm browsing through a directory by PgUp/PgDn or mousewheel. But I have disabled PDF-support in tools -> options -> file types!
And PDFs are not associated with XNView but with Acrobat Reader.

Is there a possibility to turn off that behaviour? I don't want to view PDF-files with XNView...

best regards
Christoph
In the meantime I've updated XnView to 1.65de. It's running on Windows2000 Professional.

Bye
Christoph
helmut

Re: Disable PDF-viewing doesn't work

Post by helmut »

Christoph wrote:I posted this question about a month ago in the XnView-newsgroup, but didn't get an answer. So I will try here. ...
Both the classic newsgroups and this webbased newsgroup are supported. Sometimes a post might be forgotten or not answered for a longer time.
If you do not get any or no satisfying reply in two weeks time, but your problem still persists, please do not repost. Instead send a short mail with a reference to your post (Link to post OR subject and date & time of post). Thanks.
Last edited by helmut on Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that this board is going to replace the classic newsgroup, so I repeated my post here...
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Disable PDF-viewing doesn't work

Post by xnview »

Hello,
Christoph wrote:I'm using XNView 1.61 (Windows) and I've got a problem with disabling the viewing of PDFs. XNView always shows the first page of an PDF-file when I'm browsing through a directory by PgUp/PgDn or mousewheel. But I have disabled PDF-support in tools -> options -> file types!
Is there a possibility to turn off that behaviour? I don't want to view PDF-files with XNView...
Sorry, but currently no possibility!
Regards. Pierre.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Thanks for your answer, Pierre. It's really a pity that this can't be disabled, because reading a PDF is a bit slow and I'm a speedy user :)

Will there be a chance that you will "fix" this in a future version of XnView? This would be great!

Bye and greetings from Germany
Christoph

P.S.: Thanks for your great work with XnView so far!
bioB

pdf preview

Post by bioB »

Hi folks,

at first i would like to thank Pierre that he makes this great piece of software available for free !

I have the same problem Christoph wrote about before:
PDF preview and info-extraction is extremely slow and causes instabilities at certain times.

It would be nice to have the possibility to disable pdf related features.
In most cases pdf-files are documents not pictures anyway.

Best regards,

bioB