Extra Plugins

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Mikael

Post by Mikael »

You convert the 16pixels to 8bits?
Thank you Pierre,
it working. I've converted my 16 bits datas into 8 bits datas buffer given to xnview. Thanks for your help.
I guess it is not possible to display in 16 bits mode.

Enjoy your week end,

Mikael.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Mikael wrote: I guess it is not possible to display in 16 bits mode.
Currently not, but in the future... :-)
Pierre.
Eric B

Re: Extra Plugins

Post by Eric B »

I dare write in this topic because it seems related to the extensibility of xnview from external developpers.

Is there a documentation describing the architecture of Xnview and a tutorial how to develop a "extra plugin"?

If I understood it properly, the GflSDK is a powerful lib allowing the developper to use mainy features of Xnview in their own tool.
But is there a SDK or API for Xnview itself? What are the possiblities?
I mean, would it be possible for instance to override keyboard events?

Here a scenario:
I am sometimes working on my picture in RAW+JPG, I wish I could make some editing in the JPG (rename or IPTC edit, also in batch mode) and have a script which apply these changes in the related (same filename) RAW file (CR2, using external tool like exiftool): I have A.JPG, B.JPG, C.JPG, B.CR2, C.CR2: when I edit A.JPG, B.JPG and C.JPG in batch mode, the B.CR2 and C.CR2 would be updated via a external plugin.
The current alternative is to active CR2 file in browser and apply the change directly, but there are some limitations in CR2 files in comparison to JPG.
Is such a plugin doable with current Xnview architecture?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Eric B wrote: But is there a SDK or API for Xnview itself? What are the possiblities?
I mean, would it be possible for instance to override keyboard events?
You have a format plugin SDK and Addon SDK
Is such a plugin doable with current Xnview architecture?
Currently this is not possible with sdk
Pierre.
DiOr

Post by DiOr »

Is there any XnView Plugin to Draw "Arrows", "Callouts", "Lines", "Circles", Text, "Orthogons" etc, with variable color, size, stroke weight etc ?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

DiOr wrote:Is there any XnView Plugin to Draw "Arrows", "Callouts", "Lines", "Circles", Text, "Orthogons" etc, with variable color, size, stroke weight etc ?
you have Paint Addon
Pierre.
Haggstix

Post by Haggstix »

Does anyone know if there is a XnView Plugin that supports viewing Adobe PDF files?

Best Regards
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Haggstix wrote:Does anyone know if there is a XnView Plugin that supports viewing Adobe PDF files?
Please isntall ghostscript
Pierre.
Olli

Post by Olli »

Hi,

I use xnView Slideshow. I want to use the Slideshow for an folder, so that Pics and PDFs will be included automaticly to the slideshow.
I installed ghostscript afpl but my PDF-Docs are not shown in the Slideshow (while I use the Function for the complete folder). If I check the files direct, my PDFs are shown in the Slideshow.

Has anybody an Idea?
DiOr

Post by DiOr »

xnview wrote:
DiOr wrote:Is there any XnView Plugin to Draw "Arrows", "Callouts", "Lines", "Circles", Text, "Orthogons" etc, with variable color, size, stroke weight etc ?
you have Paint Addon
Where can I find it and download (being safe) ?
'xnview-paint-plugin.exe' that I find using Google, is eliminated by my 'Norton Internet Security' because it is referred as bad !...
Can I draw 'Arrows' with 'Paint Addon' with variable width, opacity etc ?
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

DiOr wrote:Can I draw 'Arrows' with 'Paint Addon' with variable width, opacity etc ?
Yes. You can run Paint from XnView's Filter menu.
DiOr wrote:Where can I find it and download (being safe) ?
The Paint add-on is available for download on the official site:
Additional Downloads » [url=http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/#addons]Addons[/url] wrote:
To install, unzip the file to the Addon directory below the XnView directory
  • [ Paint ] Basic drawing features (line, circle, text, ...)
DiOr

Post by DiOr »

XnTriq wrote:
DiOr wrote:Can I draw 'Arrows' with 'Paint Addon' with variable width, opacity etc ?
Yes. You can run Paint from XnView's Filter menu.
DiOr wrote:Where can I find it and download (being safe) ?
The Paint add-on is available for download on the official site:
Additional Downloads » [url=http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/#addons]Addons[/url] wrote:
CANNOT find Paint add-on ('.zip' file) on the official site to download ...
Can you be more specific (maybe giving me the link to download the '.zip' file) ?
CANNOT also find "Filter" menu. My XnView menu contains "File", "Edit", "View", "Tools", "Create", "Window" and "Info".
Can you help me ?
Thank you in advance ...
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

DiOr wrote: CANNOT find Paint add-on ('.zip' file) on the official site to download ...
Can you be more specific (maybe giving me the link to download the '.zip' file) ?
http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/#addons

Some links, including also that for earlier versions of XnView software, are not as easy to find as they might be... :(
CANNOT also find "Filter" menu. My XnView menu contains "File", "Edit", "View", "Tools", "Create", "Window" and "Info".
You can launch the Paint plug-in using Filter > Paint in the Viewer once it is installed, or more easily using the 'P' keyboard shortcut.

The Paint plug-in is fairly basic and if you find it doesn't meet your needs you might also look at IrfanView's Paint plug-in, Paint.NET or possibly even LibreOffice Draw, in ascending order of the facilities available.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

DiOr wrote:CANNOT find Paint add-on ('.zip' file) on the official site to download ...
The link to http://www.xnview.com/download/addons/paint.zip is in my previous post ;-)
XnTriq wrote:
DiOr

Post by DiOr »

cday wrote:
DiOr wrote: CANNOT find Paint add-on ('.zip' file) on the official site to download ...
http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/#addons

Some links, including also that for earlier versions of XnView software, are not as easy to find as they might be... :(
You can launch the Paint plug-in using Filter > Paint in the Viewer once it is installed, or more easily using the 'P' keyboard shortcut.

The Paint plug-in is fairly basic and if you find it doesn't meet your needs you might also look at IrfanView's Paint plug-in, Paint.NET or possibly even LibreOffice Draw, in ascending order of the facilities available.
IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED !...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ...