XnView crash when play some videos

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

TGB_72

XnView crash when play some videos

Post by TGB_72 »

XnView crash when I open (right clic=>open) some video files encoded with divx 4.12 (didn't tested in files encoded with other versions of divx/xvid). I tried it with files with different resolutions: 320x240, 512x384, 640x352 & 480x384, XnView crashed in almost all cases but not with the 480x384 file (weird). Otherwise I can play these videos without problem in the preview pane (the problem it's only when I open the file).
All codecs are properly installed and I can play these videos perfectly in WMP.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView crash when play some videos

Post by xnview »

TGB_72 wrote:XnView crash when I open (right clic=>open) some video files encoded with divx 4.12 (didn't tested in files encoded with other versions of divx/xvid). I tried it with files with different resolutions: 320x240, 512x384, 640x352 & 480x384, XnView crashed in almost all cases but not with the 480x384 file (weird). Otherwise I can play these videos without problem in the preview pane (the problem it's only when I open the file).
All codecs are properly installed and I can play these videos perfectly in WMP.
Could you send me a sample?
Pierre.
TGB_72

Post by TGB_72 »

I sent you a sample of 2MB (divx 4.12, 512x384) at your mail (the one that appear in your website), but I couldn't reproduce the same problem with that little video, instead crash XnView plays only the sound of the file (a black picture with sound, no video). The crash that I mentioned above accour with large files (300MB+).
TGB_72

Post by TGB_72 »

Short videos actually crash too but when it's used the controls (play, pause...) and also crash with xvid videos. I sent you the log that windows made after the crash, hope that helps to find out what's happening.

Thanks in advance for any help.
TGB_72

Post by TGB_72 »

Videos still crashing with XnView 1.90.1 :(

The error message say "XnView for Windows... has detected a problem and should be terminated", behind the error message you can see the black screen that I was talking about.
TGB_72

Post by TGB_72 »

I found the cause of the crash at last :D. The problem wasn't Xnview or Xvid but the mpeg4 decoder of Windvd 6 (MP4VDEC.ax) that is installed and registered as the default mpeg4 decoder for the system.

In case that other people have this problem removing MP4VDEC.ax files from Windvd installation folder...

\program files\intervideo\dvd6\MP4VDEC.ax,
\program files\intervideo\common\bin\MP4VDEC.ax

... and their corresponding keys in the registry (CCleaner is useful for this) will solve the problem.