What a saga !
- I saved the page « Dawog's Home Page.htm » from your site in a temp dir. I added some "squatters" as PNG, GIF, JPG, BMP pics in that dir. (the root of the dir., where the HTML file is).
• Clicking from Total Commander in the list or from the XnView-Browser like formerly, nothing abnormal happens…
- If I got you alright, your two machines P4 are exactly mirrors one another about the main HDs contents, and both have the problem… So, there is a common “guilty” item / program there.
- I would answer rather «Yes», since your P2 with another Web browser behaves correctly.Do you think it's worth uninstalling Mozilla & seeing if that has an effect?
- Here, I use IE6 through the Maxthon interface (or else, it's too poor and ugly), and HTM / HTML files are associated with another small interface using the IE6 engine -to get a quick view- 'cause that interface is very "light".
- The P4 has an Intel™ MB, with a built-in graphic-card.
• Finally, just "in the case", I would ckeck for viruses with a DOS AV scanner like the old good free F-Prot. It has solved already some odd issues in the same painting
¤ To be continued…