Views and animated GIF

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jherz

Views and animated GIF

Post by jherz »

I've spotted a problem with views and animated GIF.
If I open those, they'll display in an image view and show the animation. Switching the tab to the browser view the tab snaps back to the image view as soon as a new frame from the animation is displayed. A sub-bug is, that then it shows the image view but the active tab header from the browser view.

Another effect is, that it's impossible to move the window while the animation's running. If done, the whole window snaps back to the former position uppon displaying the next frame from the animation.

Jürgen
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

I cannot recreate any animation problems on Win2K.
jherz

Post by jherz »

marsh wrote:I cannot recreate any animation problems on Win2K.
Hm, though I don't guess it's only with some animated GIFs, please try again with this one:

This doesn't really demonstrate the problem because of its dynamic nature, but at least shows the picture while the browser tab is active.

I'm working on Win2K too.

Jürgen
Clo
XnThusiast

Normal here…

Post by Clo »

:arrow: jherz

:) Hello !
- I tested you animated GIF here, no problem, I can switch to “View" mode - the tab is alright shown as active - and back to the browser preview, all is normal.
Under Win 98 SE - XnView 1.80.1

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

marsh wrote:I cannot recreate any animation problems on Win2K.
I can't reproduce it too...
Pierre.
jherz

Re: Normal here…

Post by jherz »

Clo wrote:I tested you animated GIF here, no problem, I can switch to “View" mode - the tab is alright shown as active - and back to the browser preview, all is normal.
Under Win 98 SE - XnView 1.80.1
Argh, I could understand if you think I'm dumb. But I don't get it managed not to switch back.
Tried all options I can think of affecting the behaviour and now also tried in on another completely different installation on a Win98 machine. Some result. :?

Jürgen
jherz

Post by jherz »

Just FYI, I just installed 1.80.3 and something has changed.
After clicking on the browser tab, the display still jumps back to the picture when displaying the next frame. But now the right tab header (the one for the image) is reactivated instead the one for the browser.

Bye,
Jürgen
zencd

Post by zencd »

I can reproduce the same with this gif (the same two times):

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6152/image006qs3.gif
http://i7.tinypic.com/2w6rsx0.gif

1) it's impossible to move/maximize window - each new iteration works like a new image loaded and the window get centered again
2) can't switch to another tab - after a second (or immediately) the tab with the gif is reactiveted

xnview 1.90, windows xp sp2
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

zencd wrote:I can reproduce the same with this gif (the same two times):

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6152/image006qs3.gif
http://i7.tinypic.com/2w6rsx0.gif

1) it's impossible to move/maximize window - each new iteration works like a new image loaded and the window get centered again
2) can't switch to another tab - after a second (or immediately) the tab with the gif is reactiveted

xnview 1.90, windows xp sp2
I can't reproduce the problem with the gif, but if you click an another tab nothing happened??
Pierre.
zencd

Post by zencd »

didn't understood exactly the last sentence ...

If I click another tab (an image or browser) - I get (recently) back to the tab with the gif that rolls infinitely. The same behaviour with Ctrl+Tab.
nim

Post by nim »

I have the latest release of xnview and still I experience the same problem.
>>try this image<<
I have set viewer window to resize down to image size and not to remember position when opening new images.

basically it seems as Jürgen said, the window reinitiates window-scale and position on every frame.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

nim wrote:I have the latest release of xnview and still I experience the same problem.
>>try this image<<
I have set viewer window to resize down to image size and not to remember position when opening new images.

basically it seems as Jürgen said, the window reinitiates window-scale and position on every frame.
Could you send me your .ini too
Pierre.
nim

Post by nim »