"Must fixes" for next release

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

"Must fixes" for next release

Post by helmut »

There's more and more XnView users and more and more specific bugs are found and reported. This is very good, much appreciated and helps to improve XnView's quality!

With all the defects reported it's important that the serious issues which limit functionality are fixed with high priority.

Indicators for "must fixes":
- General Protection fault (GPF)
- Memory leak
- Important funcationality cannot be used at all.
- The users' images are endangered (changed, deleted, ...)

If you think that a bug is very serious and a must fix, simply place a post here and with a link to the original post. If it is not obvious why your defect is a "must fix", please provide some explanation.

Please do NOT report new bugs as reply to this topic, instead please start a new topic.

Thank you and Greetings,

Pierre / Helmut
Last edited by helmut on Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lightspeed

Xnview browser crashes in Win 95 (all versions after 1.82.4)

Post by Lightspeed »

I think this bug was first reported here:

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=11744

I understand that this is probably not a high priority since few people still use Windows 95. I'm just wondering if the intention still exists to eventually fix this, or if W95 users should consider 1.82.4 as the last working version for them. If so, perhaps it should be noted on your download page. I know 1.82.4 is still available from your server at:

http://download2.xnview.com/old_version ... %201.82.4/

Long live XnView :)
helmut

Re: Xnview browser crashes in Win 95 (all versions after 1.8

Post by helmut »

Lightspeed wrote:I think this bug was first reported here:

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=11744

I understand that this is probably not a high priority since few people still use Windows 95. I'm just wondering if the intention still exists to eventually fix this, or if W95 users should consider 1.82.4 as the last working version for them. If so, perhaps it should be noted on your download page. I know 1.82.4 is still available from your server at:

http://download2.xnview.com/old_version ... %201.82.4/

Long live XnView :)
Yes, very good point. Thanks for focusing us and Pierre on the Win 95 issue, Lightspeed.

Screen Capture?

Post by Guest »

This may not be a bug, but an improvement in Screen Capture functionality... to allow capturing portion of the screen, not the entire screen or windows.

Perry
thibaud

Post by thibaud »

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Path info saved in ini file even if history is disabled

Perhaps it doesn't look so important, but it's very annoying if more users are using the same computer / account...
Dreamer
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

File Associations do NOT work with Vista SP1 x64 and have to be fixed!
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
Clo
XnThusiast

Long-drink bug---

Post by Clo »

:arrow: All

Helmut wrote
… Important funcationality cannot be used at all.
• It's the case with a bug when copying on a 32 BPP PNG and some others.
That bug has been reported prior in a JohnFredC's friend thread HERE, then in a French thread I started
in which the last today message shows that it isn't fixed yet in 1.95.3; that can be seen on this IMAGE
(comments are translated on) of a clipboard viewer…

• I can't use XnView anymore for copy, that's very annoying. The only workaround is to paste in M$ Paint,
then copy in it and paste in the GFIE or else, as long as there is no transparency,
because Paint ignores it and thus it's black

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
RickS

Cannot copy file from Gimp to XnView

Post by RickS »

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=16151

This is a "must fix" for any of us that want to copy a file from Gimp to take advantage of XnView's ability to launch Adobe Photoshop plugins (something in which Gimp is woefully inadequate). There was no problem doing this through v.1.94.2.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: "Must fixes" for next release

Post by Dreamer »

Dreamer
Tpau

Post by Tpau »

Regarding latest XnViewMediaDetector

please see: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17870

Regarding latest Xnview:
Check freeing of system ressources after closing fullscreen images directly to the thumnails - when repeating that procedure there's a multitude of fake MDI-system-controls (min,max,close) loaded - obviously left-overs from previous full-screen display (just one image allowed mode).
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Tpau wrote:Check freeing of system ressources after closing fullscreen images directly to the thumnails - when repeating that procedure there's a multitude of fake MDI-system-controls (min,max,close) loaded - obviously left-overs from previous full-screen display (just one image allowed mode).
?? Which OS do you have?
Pierre.
Tpau

Post by Tpau »

xnview wrote:
Tpau wrote:Check freeing of system ressources after closing fullscreen images directly to the thumnails - when repeating that procedure there's a multitude of fake MDI-system-controls (min,max,close) loaded - obviously left-overs from previous full-screen display (just one image allowed mode).
?? Which OS do you have?
W2k with all possible updates
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Tpau wrote:
xnview wrote:
?? Which OS do you have?
W2k with all possible updates
I can't reproduce
Pierre.
Tpau

Post by Tpau »

xnview wrote:I can't reproduce
Ok - but I can reproduce it:
start with selecting a large image in thumbs view - doubleclick -> fullscreen display (OK so far)
doubleclick on image - single image is shown (instead of thumbs only view like when using "enter"!)
doubleclick again - thumbs are shown again
doubleclick another image -> opens in fullscreen
doubleclick on image -> single image with window controls is shown, controls are duplicated

does not happen when: opening small images, could be related to sparse GDI ressources.
happened with 4000x3000 pixel images

XNview-Version: 1.96.1

Screenshot (open in extra window for full width):