Can't remove 'Browse with XnView' from Win 10 right click context menu

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Teemo

Can't remove 'Browse with XnView' from Win 10 right click context menu

Post by Teemo »

I'm running Win 10 v 1703 (build 15063.483) on a desktop PC
I'm running XnView Classic for Windows ver 2.40 Libformat ver 7.00

I am unable to remove the 'Browse with XnView' from the right click context menu in Windows.

I went to XnView > Tools > Options > System Integration and unchecked 'Add Browse with XnView to context menu' Then I clicked OK and closed out XnView. However Browse with XnView remains in the Win 10 right click context menu.

The problem is that when you uncheck the 'Add Browse with XnView to context menu' box it doesn't stay unchecked after clicking OK to close the dialogue box. If you re-open Tools > Options > System Integration it is checked again.

I tried it by accessing the menu with the gear wheel rather than the Tools > Options menu. Same problem. It just re-checks itself

I went to the Program Files (x86) > XnVIew install directory, right clicked the program and tried Run as Admin to uncheck the box. That didn't solve the problem.
I went to the Program Files (x86) > XnVIew install directory, right clicked the program, selected Properties > Compatibility and checked 'Run this program as an administrator' . Then selected Change settings for all users and checked 'Run this program as an administrator' That didn't solve the problem. I tired that again and included right clicking to Run as administrator.

I tried rebooting after changing the settings.

It appears to be bugged.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Can't remove 'Browse with XnView' from Win 10 right click context menu

Post by xnview »

you need to start XnView with admin rights
Pierre.