GIF Loop Checkbox for quick slide show doesn't cover all cases

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

warby

GIF Loop Checkbox for quick slide show doesn't cover all cases

Post by warby »

The Quickslide show configuration window has a checkbox called GIF Loop,

when ticked it will basically stop the slideshow because the current Gif will now loop forever. I would consider that a bug!
However I think the functionality of that one checkbox is insufficient anyways.
What I would LOVE to see is two checkboxes that handle both too long and too short Gifs respectivly
Lets call them:

Short Gifs get looped [ ]
Long Gifs get cutoff [ ]

Example lets say the slide show is configured to 2000ms (2 seconds)

-1) A Gif comes along that is only 1 second long with the first checkbox ticked it will play twice before going to the next image.
-2) A Gif comes along that is only 1 second long with the first checkbox NOT Ticked after one second the GIF has finished playing once and the next image appears.
-3) A GIF comes along that is 4 seconds long with the second checkbox ticked in the Gif will play its first half and after 2 seconds it gets cut off by being switched to the next image.
-4) A GIF comes along that is 4 seconds long with the second checkbox NOT ticked it will play out full for the entire 4 seconds before going to the next image.

This is really my only issue with xnview I love everything else about it keep up the great work :)
zoah

Re: GIF Loop Checkbox for quick slide show doesn't cover all cases

Post by zoah »

I'm upping this, as I didn't see your thread earlier, but got an answer on my thread here :

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=38303

It was supposed to be fixed, but I can't get it to work anyhow with 2.47 :(