"Not enough Memory" error opening tif

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

nanuk2

"Not enough Memory" error opening tif

Post by nanuk2 »

I was trying to open a 118MB multi-page tif file (15 pages) when I got the error above. The image was a 1641 x 2115 in 24bit color. The odd thing was, I opened up a similiar document just this morning that worked fine. I'm sorry, but I can't send the image, as it contains confidential info.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: "Not enough Memory" error opening tif

Post by xnview »

nanuk2 wrote:I was trying to open a 118MB multi-page tif file (15 pages) when I got the error above. The image was a 1641 x 2115 in 24bit color. The odd thing was, I opened up a similiar document just this morning that worked fine. I'm sorry, but I can't send the image, as it contains confidential info.
You can open similar picture with same dimension??
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

Yep. As I mentioned, I was able to open an almost identical document earlier in the day. Same dimensions, same number of pages. Part of the reason why it was so confusing.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:Yep. As I mentioned, I was able to open an almost identical document earlier in the day. Same dimensions, same number of pages. Part of the reason why it was so confusing.
But without it, i can't tell you anymore...
Pierre.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

You could PM the error info to xnview nd/or edit out the personal info.

Was the other image also 118megs? Perhaps it was slightly smaller, just small enough to squeeze in under the available memory? Also, were you running any other programs at the same time that you got the error, anything that might have been eating up some of your memory?