Moving XP Task Bar

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Laren

Moving XP Task Bar

Post by Laren »

Using XP Home sp2. Somehow last night the task bar suddenly moved to the right side of the screen. I don't know what I did. In Win98SE I could grab the task bar and move it wherever I want. I havekept the task bar at the bottom of the screen ever since Windows had a task bar. Windows Help told me nothing, despite searching.

Can someone tell me how to move it? I know it sounds silly, but it's hard to break a years-long habit, and it's driving me crazy.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Hi Laren,

if the following tips don't help you fix the problem, I will try to find better ones.
Laren

Post by Laren »

XnTriq wrote:Hi Laren,

if the following tips don't help you fix the problem, I will try to find better ones.
Thanks for the response, XnTriq. None of the links helped. I knew how to turn Lock Toolbar on and off, but I still can't grab it and move it. I did a forum search before posting and didn't find any help. Maybe I wasn't phrasing the key words right. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Laren
Laren

Post by Laren »

Laren wrote:
XnTriq wrote:Hi Laren, if the following tips don't help you fix the problem, I will try to find better ones.
URLs snipped
Thanks for the response, XnTriq. None of the links helped. I knew how to turn Lock Toolbar on and off, but I still can't grab it and move it. I did a forum search before posting and didn't find any help. Maybe I wasn't phrasing the key words right. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Laren
For some crazy MS non-reason, the task bar snapped back to the bottom. It is now locked tight and will stay that way forever! :evil: Thanks for the responses, Marsh and XnTriq.

Laren