Photoshop Express

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Photoshop Express

Post by JohnFredC »

Much discussion in the XnView forum is about the user interface. Photoshop Express is a web-based photo manager/editor free for everyone to use. It is very attractively presented and has several cool interface features that would work well if implemented in any version of XnView.

I especially like the "mouse-over" effects variations.

Check it out!
John
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Photoshop Express

Post by xnview »

JohnFredC wrote: I especially like the "mouse-over" effects variations.
What do you mean by mouse-over effect?
Pierre.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

When you enter one of the adjustment modes, a strip of adjustments thumbs appears above the image, with each thumb showing progressively more of the adjustment (sharpness, for instance).

Mousing over any of the adjustment thumbs (without clicking) will cause the main image to assume that level of adjustment.

It is very smoothly done and ideal for comparing various levels of adjustment quickly. Previously, I have always found that, while moving an adjustment slider, then waiting for an adjustment to apply to the main (or preview) image, my sense of how the currently applied adjustment compares with the prior adjustment gets lost.

As in almost all software (except those where the adjustment previews have adjustable size and zoom such as in Paintshop Pro), the Photoshop Express adjustment thumbnails are too small. But it doesn't matter, since just waving the mouse over a thumb transmits the adjustment to the main image.

The lack of a necessity to click (or click and drag) first is what is so powerful, IMHO.
John
Dstruct

Post by Dstruct »

what i like in photoshop express is the selection/marquee tool ("crop & rotate"). the content of the selection itself looks normal, but the content outside of the selection get's somewhat "greyed out".

also the dynamic changing grid inside of a selection looks great!