Media Monkey (freeware)

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Troken

Media Monkey (freeware)

Post by Troken »

Media Monkey 2.5.1
I have tested many music-media players/managers, but this is clearly the best. Funny name perhaps, but the software is great (and free which is amazing). Really easy to search and find music. Burn. Organize. And so on...

The feature I've used the most (and I haven't seen it in other players) is "Level Playback Volume". This feature scans a music file once and adjusts the volum level to you settings. This prevents music from different albums to play with different volume (due to the volume level of the original album). No more adjusting the playback volume all the time. This feature does NOT write any data or adjust the individual file, so the files are not altered.

In addition to the following info, the latest version has net radio features.

http://www.mediamonkey.com
* Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface
* Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata
* Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down
* Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume
* Record CDs into OGG, MP3, FLAC and WMA files
* Convert MP3s, OGG, FLAC and WMA files into other formats with the Audio Converter
* Create playlists and music mixes quickly and easily to suit any occasion
* Synchronize with iPods / MP3 players effortlessly and convert tracks on-the-fly
* Plus much more...
Troken

Post by Troken »

Forgot another great feature:You can use WinAmp-plugins in MediaMonkey. So my MediaMonkey now plays SIDs and MODs, and makes use of the CrossXfade-plugin.

He he, as you understand, I love this program :wink: